Friday, May 05, 2006

Friday Concoction

Last night Jim was gone, which usually spells T-R-O-U-B-L-E, in the form of me eating an entire baguette dunked in cheesey/oily condiments and the kids being naked and staying up all night long eating raw sugar in front of Jerry Springer. But not this time! We went for a long walk to get dinner and a movie and there were no tears or empty threats. Madeleine's dinner consisted of more than 1 color food and I didn't eat until I wanted to vomit. Then the kids went to bed with clean teeth and only a few remnants of dinner in their hair and I got to watch the end of Missing. Wait, is that it? With Anthony LaPaglia? Even though he has no lips, I like him. I guess Harvey Keitel doesn't have lips and I had naughty dreams about him for ages after The Piano, so to hell with lips! Who needs 'em?

Jim decided a huge yard for growing The Giant Pumpkin was not a requirement, so the heat is on now for finding a house. I was excited this morning to find a new listing in the area we want, only to shrink away in horror when this popped up. We're going to look at this on Sunday. Cute, don't you think? Suspicious that it's been on the market so long though. We'll see.

Links and Asundry

  • On Wednesday we were going to the feed store to see Goliath, The World's Biggest Horse, only to find the paper was wrong (the paper that I LOVE So MUCH and would LOVE to work for!!!), and Goliath had been there the day earlier. So I took my bawling child inside to inflict some pain on their patrons with her wailing only to find that the baby chicks and ducks were in. The bawling quit and now we have to go see and hold the baby chicks every day. You'll find us there this afternoon after school. Madeleine will be the one shivering with glee. Really, she shivered she was so happy.

  • You may recall me bad-mouthing Jane Magazine. This month's issue was better and the pictures of Liv Tyler were gorgeous. In the past their photography was way too stark/edgy, a la Jil Sander or Marc Jacobs. In addition to the shoes below, they clued me in to Reporters Without Borders and glutter.org, and this girls haircut, which I will hopefully be getting next Tuesday (it was just an ad for Ban, but I really dig her hair).

  • Yesterday we went ice skating and they have these little metal chair/stool things that kids can push around when they're learning to skate. If you turn them upside down Madeleine and I figured out she could sit on it and I could race her around the rink. We did it once then the Skate Monitor came over and told us we couldn't do it again. I still feel sheepish, as if I was caught shoplifting or something. He was nice about it, but still. ASSHOLE! Well, that felt good.

  • Found these in Jane and my heart pitter-pattered a little. I had to give you the image search, because no site advertising Comme Il Fault shoes will post a picture.


Then - a year ago today... can you believe the size? I can't. E.Nor.Mous.


Now - this morning... but Mom? I could still use another pedicure...

16 Comments:

Blogger Tink said...

Your description of your night without hubby had me seriously cracking up. The house on Hastings looks adorable! The first one was a bit scary. We're the people building it TRYING to get that haunted barn look?

Hoop and I are out to look at property this weekend. I start talking about building a house and suddenly all he can talk about is a game room. I figured we can have it if we give up all the bathrooms and the garage. MEN ARE IMPOSSIBLE.

I'm having serious hair-envy over that cut outta Jane. It'll look fabulous on you. *SNIFF* I miss short hair. Will someone please tell me WHY I'm growing it out again??

5/05/2006 11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THAT was your MOTHER on the ground with you???

holy shit! she look good!

on the houses. i actually did some property search in missoula...was unable to find anything like the SECOND photo that you posted...which is totally our style. the first one is too dark, dontcha think? but DAMN 7,000 square feet.

NOW THAT would afford you one BIG ASS SQUASH.

5/05/2006 11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The second house is adorable. As long as the neighbors aren't Amway salesmen or something, it looks great!

Also, the haircut - so cute and kicky. I can't wait to see it in person.

5/05/2006 12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you mean KINKY???

kicky. hmm. theres a new one for my vocabulary!

5/05/2006 12:35 PM  
Blogger Jaye Wells said...

LOL. I clicked on the shoe link and the actual show image took a while to load. But what did load quickly? The glock.

Happy house hunting!

5/05/2006 2:48 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

What a good Mom!

And I am solo this weekend too. Drinking will be in order.

5/05/2006 3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 7800 sq foot monstrosity... such lack of design is really notable. Usually that look is achieved only with 5 or 6 poorly planned additions.

Glad you had a happy Friday. We went to the Italian place down the street and were able to eat outside (always a plus for little ones). Ceri is now quite good at twirling busquetti on her fork.

Best wishes with house hunting. Mark & Dan talk about moving from PDX to Missoula - after they settle in with boy #2.

5/05/2006 10:01 PM  
Blogger Montana1 said...

So yesterday, I talked with a customer that mentioned a HUGH mansion being built on lower Miller Creek road.

He said it rivaled the Castle on the hill. When he said the name of the owners, I stated that I know them. Sounds pretty ostentatious, as in "intended to attract notice and impress others; 2: of a display that is tawdry or vulgar."

Anyone you know? Thought you might like to comment on that one...

5/06/2006 6:57 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Haven't you seen it on the drive down to Lolo? Enormous. You can't even imagine what it's like on the inside, either. Ah well, guess I'll be enjoying a few dinners there myself, so can't complain (out loud) too much...

Jaye, the weekend is here. Put down the weaponry.

Stella, about my mom? I know. She's hot. It's cool going places with her and having those 50-60 year old good-looking silver foxes checking her out and she's all clueless and stuff.

I'll let you all know about the cute house! The other one should be burned to the ground.

5/06/2006 10:22 AM  
Blogger Arabella said...

Love it all--the haircut, the shoes, the cute house! Did I mention the shoes? I really, really like them. :)

5/06/2006 4:34 PM  
Blogger Mitch said...

As soon as I saw the back porch of the cute house, I thought hot tub. Neighbors seem pretty close though - no kinky stuff in the tub unless they're out of town.
I'm hoping the duckies in the pool will lay eggs so I can cuddle the ducklings in an Under-the-Tuscan-Sun-moment. Do you have any pets for kiddos? I could send you some tadpoles & they can watch them grow apendages. I've been thinking of catching a 6th one anyhow so I can name it Contraceptive.

Holly Shit Mig! You look great! Wanna share you secret? I'm trying to drop my excess & as easy as it is for me to start, I lose momentum quickly. DOing well so far, however.

Good luck with the house hunt - becasue it seems to be the thing to say.

5/06/2006 7:30 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Ooooh, that's some cute hair. Post pics when you get it cut.

5/07/2006 3:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that bungalow. One of my favorite eras in home design.

Hope the haircut is fab.

Haven't painted my nails in AGES. Today in church I glanced down at my 8 year old's feet and noticed she'd given herself a pedicure! She chose a soft, sheer pearly pink color. I need to train her to do my nails!

5/07/2006 7:23 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Arabella, I knew you'd dig those shoes. I can totally see you in a pair of tango shoes - I like the red and black ones.

Mitch, yeah, but it was the front porch. We went to see it today and Jim was flippin out excited after we left. I was ready to go after one look in the 6 square foot kitchen/dining area. He was all, "Whoa - I didn't notice that!" and I was all, "Yeah, I know, you were salivating over the French doors and the view from the toilet." Thanks for the offer of tiny under-developed frogs, but we've got a dog, fish and a tank full of some kind of stream ecology experiment. I think we're full up.

V-Grrl, you totally have to take advantage of those skills. And OPI makes a great toe color called Aphrodites Pink Nightee

5/07/2006 5:44 PM  
Blogger Imez said...

You know, BUST (I don't know the link, just google Bust and magazine) is such a better magazine than Jane. The best magazine, really. When I read the mom column (young, hip, real) I always think of you, you hip young thing (with the photos to prove it).

5/07/2006 7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I like the haircut. And the bungalow. I hope you did get to go see the house this weekend, and that you loved it, and the price was right, and you're just waiting to tell us all about it. ;-)

5/08/2006 5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home