Monday, April 24, 2006

I'm listening to Sam Cook right now, and that has nothing to do with this pointless post.

My mom's here still. She's watching Quinn right now while I get my fix. I mean write. It was an entirely uneventful weekend so don't expect a surprising Murder She Wrote twist or anything like that. Quinn had a high fever Friday night and Saturday, so we sat around staring at him and commenting on how hot he was for a couple days. Jim bbq'd a chicken. My mom played Mah Jong on the computer. Madeleine raced around the house with her stuffed ponies strapped into her baby stroller. I wandered from room to room checking on the status of the festivities, occasionally commenting to whomever that the baby was hot. Did that sound whiny? It was actually nice. Comfortable.

Do you want to see the new room? The carpet was finished just in time, Jim moved in the bed (and made it! can you imagine?), and Madeleine and I picked out a lamp and a couple stinky candles which were promptly moved out of the room when their stinkiness was revealed, and my mom (Sheila, if you're wondering) nestled in. She insists it's comfy, but I find it a little frightening in a Blair Witch Project kind of way. Tell me what you think of this color scheme, and remember, it must match the (gag, gag, wretch) berber. Which is laughable because the berber looks like vomited oatmeal, and what doesn't match that?


Yesterday I tried to get my tickets to B-List Blogfest and my shit credit card company wouldn't let me fly out of anywhere except Seattle or Portland, and the closest I could get to our Top Secret Destination was a 5 hour drive. This shit company I've paying exhorbitant fees to for the last 6 years so that eventually I would get a free plane ticket has effectively stuck its finger in my eye. Screw you Chase. I'm cutting up my card right now, even though it has a really pretty picture of my college bell tower on it. (I got sucked in because of this fact. Go ahead, laugh, but the bell tower is really pretty. And you may have realized I have a thing for the pretty-pretty.)

Okay, I can hear the vertebrae in my mom's back compressing from the weight of my baby (did I tell you how hot he feels?), so I'm going to give her a break. Tomorrow morning she leaves, and today we'll spend some time arranging for some chiropractic care after she gets off the plane in Portland.

11 Comments:

Blogger Mignon said...

Yes, I realize this piece of shit post with no worth whatsoever has replicated itself 15 times but blogger is seriously fucking with me today and I can't do anything about it. I think the crappiness of today's post has jammed up the system like a giant log poo generated from a week of eating only bananas and raw red meat which makes the toilet jammed and can only be unjammed when said log poo decomposes in the toilet.

4/24/2006 10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DAMN!!! I wanted to be the first to point out that your big log of blogger poo had jammed up the internet/blogger toilet. Ever read the David Sedaris story about the giant turd at his friend's house? At least you own up to your turds. It does smell loely though....

4/24/2006 10:41 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Blogger bites my butt today.

Hope Quinn's fever goes down, and yes, I like the colour scheme.

4/24/2006 11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this post...totally identify with repititious (sp?) comments on baby's fever. The room sounds comfy, like your mom said. Take her word on this one. I too get suckered into purchases that tug at my loyalty strings...some other company will feature the bell tower before you are dead and buried...

4/24/2006 12:18 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

I've been repeating this little ditty since blogger decided to kick me out of my own blog this morning and then gag out all the draft posts I'd created into the nearest trashcan.

"Fa la la lala Blog-ger SUCKS!"

4/24/2006 12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I like the colors.

Sorry Quinn's not feeling well -- I hope he cools down soon.

4/25/2006 6:02 AM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Berber is a neutral - it will go with anything. The color is a little fleshy pink for me.

Sorry about the hot baby. Is your mom moving in with you guys for a while? Ask me about how that has gone with my sister in law! I would love to blog about it but some big mouth in my family told her about my blog. She reads but it a lurker. I hate lurkers.

I hope you make it to B-List. I am counting on a full report and will live vicariously through you.

4/25/2006 7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about lurkers...lurkers who I don't know personally don't bother me, but when someone I know breaks out a quote from my site yet refuses to let it known she reads it or refuses to comment on the blog pisses me off. Analyze that, sister.

4/25/2006 8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mignon! I hope Quinn is feeling better today. It was great to hear your voice yesterday and I hope that the next time we talk I will sound less robotic.
Did you get your ticket yet? Jeff is buying mine today I think.
See you soon!

4/25/2006 10:47 AM  
Blogger Arabella said...

I wrote today's post yesterday, and tried to post it for most of yesterday.

The system wouldn't let me.

'Nuff said.

4/25/2006 11:47 AM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

I like the color...

Have fun at B-List...

4/25/2006 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home