Saturday, December 31, 2005

Cleaning House, Without Actually Cleaning

First, Here are The Lovelies, sent to me by The Lovely (I still have a little crush on Mrs. Harridan and her strong resemblence to Kate Blanchett in Elizabeth). The retro ornaments looked awesome on our tree, which was already decked with a retro set given to us as a wedding gift (isn't that an awesome wedding gift? I think it's some kind of tradition.) Do you like the little photo melange I created? It took a hella long time so please gaze on it for more than a moment so it wasn't just a collossal waste of photoshop time, while instead I could've been watching Eric Estrada host the American Adventurer.

Second, I've been lazy and/or otherwise occupied, which does little to explain my glaring ommission of some wonderful people in my blogroll. Here are some world-class B-listers that I've come to obsessively read and check daily: Plain Jane, Eulallia, Letter B, Nancy, Debbie, Mama Tulip, Shrinking Violet, Tink, Brooke, and Honeystrain. If you are one of these people...
Hi!
I like you a lot!
Will you go with me?
Check one of these boxes __Yes __No __Maybe

Third, I just fished a chunk of tape and a piece of puzzle out of the baby's mouth. I moved him into our computer room to be able to see him better and now he's framed by a pile of laundry taller than him. Does it sound like my house needs a little attention? As I commented to Arabella, it's all I can do to leave the bathroom with a wiped bum and my pants pulled up. Please tell me I'm not the only one to let hygiene suffer a little during the holidays. But look! The laundry is clean and all the dog hair has been wiped off the baby's face:

Fourth, Best wishes to all of you on this much welcomed three-day weekend slash New Years Eve extravaganza. May you enjoy Dick Clark hosting from his gurney or fun and love with special people. I'm thinking good thoughts for all of you for 2006.
Love,
Mignon

Update: I realized after checking to make sure the blogroll looked allright that some of the new names I added and separated onto the B-list might not like the "B" moniker as much as I do. I am enamored with the "B". Please know, if I've put you on the B-list, it is because I really admire you and your writing and I am not in any way indicating you are less of a blog-person. In fact, as many of your fellow B-listers will attest, we love us. We may not get 50 comments, but we're definitely feeling the love.
Update2: Oops, sorry Ditsy! I like you much too!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
I like you too!
Will you go with me?
Check one of these boxes _X_Yes

I need to update my blogroll this weekend, I have a bunch of other sites to add including yours. So thanks for making the first move, I have been admiring you from afar as well. :-)

The photo melange is nice. I need to play with Photoshop myself and try to learn more about it.

I also think the baby is adorable. Love that smile! And hey, at least your pile of laundry is clean.

Happy New Year to you and your family!

12/31/2005 12:11 PM  
Blogger Arabella said...

Mignon, you are exactly the kind of mom I hope to be--funny, sweet, and with adorable children. Who cares whether the house needs tidying up? You've got all the IMPORTANT bases covered. Thanks for making me laugh and introducing me to some wonderful bloggers. Happy New Year!

12/31/2005 1:10 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Me! Me! I'll go with you!

I love the photo melange. I clicked on it to make it bigger so I could gaze in wonder.

You're definitely not the only one to let the housework slide a bit during the holidays...or any other time of the year. And dude, you're supposed to pull up your pants after a stint on the can?!

Your baby's *adorable*! Love that gummy grin. All the best to you and yours in the New Year.

12/31/2005 1:25 PM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

I am so glad to be on the list!! And, yes I will definately go with you. Actually, you had me at hello. Oh, guess that's been overused.

Love the picture of the wee one. Adorable. Happy New Year!

12/31/2005 2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the cutest pile of clothes I've ever seen. As long as the boy is smiling, who cares if they're clean. And don't worry, if it wasn't for the realtor, I'd probably still be in my jammies.
Thanks for taking the initiative and actually creating a B-list List. I will go with you if you promise to slow skate only with me.

12/31/2005 11:37 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

Thank you Mignon for making me part of your B-List! *Clears throat* I've prepared a speech...

*Two hours later* OMG your baby is adorable! That grin is pure LOVE.

1/01/2006 9:32 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Tag...

...list 5 weird things about yourself, tag five other people to do the same, and then comment on their blogs that they have been tagged.

1/01/2006 4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to say maybe because i am such a f*cking tease.

I have no problem at all with being on the B-list. (Of course I assumed you named it that in my honor). I am just tickled to be on anyone's radar at all. Thanks!

1/01/2006 10:13 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Now I've got way too much booty here. The only problem is that I want to visit each and every one of you multiple times during the day, but my children seem to take issue with this practice. Please don't dump me if we don't hold hands as often!!

1/02/2006 8:11 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Mignon, I am so glad the ornaments were a hit! I have a pretty strong retro theme running on my tree also(now de-decorated and sitting out by the shed, aw). We got a lot of ornaments as part of a wishing well at one of my bridal showers last year, which I thought was a great idea.

LOVE that baby photo! I'm overcome by the cuteness!

And thank you for the compliment! ;)

1/02/2006 10:03 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Hi back!
Ditto!
Yes I will!
Yes!

Thanks so much and happy happy to you!! :D

1/03/2006 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home