Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Picture Parade

Tonight is Jim's company Christmas Party. I tried on all my winter dressy stuff last night and decided I hate white, so I'm off to shop and stress about it. Also, the baby has suddenly shunned anything except boobs and there's not much reserve in the freezer. Baby, why do you torture me? So, not much thought here. Mostly pictures, but I'm promise you a full Christmas Party update tomorrow.

Remember my husband's Martha moment with the squash and weeds and such? This is what I get if I ask him to finish putting up the Christmas lights. I'm guessing the blob on the ground is The Artist's rendition of the nativity and the stuff hanging from the tree are the palm fronds? Also, not included in the picture, is the ladder left out overnight for two nights depicting humanity's work in progress. I think we're going to be fined by the Neighborhood Association. (Also, this reminds me of someone's photo of her husband's attempt to put away the pizza in the fridge... Does anyone know where I saw that? It was hilarious!)

Here's the artist and his twin brother. One obviously hogged all the amniotic fluid.


And here are the kids with the almost-finished tree. If you're thinking "Madeleine, please don't push the baby onto the floor", that's what I was thinking too.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tink said...

>>Here's the artist and his twin brother. One obviously hogged all the amniotic fluid<< ROFL. Oh man that's funny! If it makes you feel any better, you have more lights than I do up... And I live in Florida. AKA: No excuse.

12/14/2005 10:00 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

My front yard would look exactly the same if I asked my husband to hang Christmas lights. I seriously snorted out loud when I saw your picture.

12/14/2005 10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I SAW that pizza in the frige picture. Was it Shrinking Violet? I can't remember.
We still have to put up all of our outside decorations this weekend and we're treading on the it's almost too close to christmas to be worth it territory now but we have to because we have company coming next week. Sigh.
I can't wait to hear how the christmas party went. My office party was tonight also, but since I'm already home at 9:45. Not so much.
Is your oldest just jacked up like crazy for Christmas?

12/14/2005 6:48 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Madeleine is a little conflicted about Christmas and Santa Claus. I think she suspects something is not right, as she is already a full-on science geek. Or tries to be. Sample:
Her: Mom do you know when peacocks raise their feathers?
Me: Tell me.
Her: Only in the presence of pea-hens.
Me: Pea-hens, huh? Are those girl peacocks?
Her: No, mommy, not pea-hens. Pea-heads.
Me: Ahh. Like pea you eat or pee you pee-pee?
Her: No. Just the letter P.

12/15/2005 12:39 PM  
Blogger Rock said...

This has nothing to do with anything but I saw that you listed Watership Down as a favorite book as well - and for me that was 30 years ago.

12/15/2005 2:03 PM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Could you not find a little bigger tree?? That one is GINORMOUS!

12/17/2005 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home