Sunday, December 04, 2005

Weekend, Nothing to Say, Work in Progress


We got our tree today. Or I should say, Jim went out, found the cheapest thing with real pine needles and squished it between the bookshelf and the old phonograph. The picture shows as far as Madeleine and I got before she got bored and dumped a bowl of water on her bird collection and I freaked out about the water and exposed wires from where the dog chewed up the lights last year. We left the rest of the decorating to the baby but he doesn't seem to be making much headway, unless headway means staring in fascination at the ladder. I thought he'd be trippin like a Deadhead on the lights, but no. The giant green ladder rocks his world. It's almost as fascinating as boiling macaroni. So I hear a spiced rum and cider calling my name. "Mignon. MIGNON!! Mignoooooon? Min!Yone!" Damn spiced rum and cider! I will drink you until you are gone. Get! In! My! Tummy!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mignon said...

Oh shit! I just realized the clocks are all wrong in here... I can't miss GA.
Thanks about the living room, but hmm, were you joking? Because it was/is in complete disarray and all the furniture is smooshed together awkwardly because of The Tree.

12/04/2005 7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap. Your tree is huge! I love your high ceiling and I would kill for a hot rum and cider right now. It's COLD here.

12/05/2005 8:14 AM  
Blogger Orange said...

Yesterday my husband suggested skipping a tree this year. The five-year-old said, "But then Santa wouldn't have anywhere to put the presents!" I totally blew his mind when I told him Santa always left the loot for my sister and me right on the couch. (My stuff on one side, my sister's at the other end, and joint gifts in the middle.)

12/05/2005 9:25 AM  
Blogger Arabella said...

I'm pretty mesmerized by the green ladder myself, given that it's bigger than my whole apartment. Just remember: hot rum and cider + big green ladder = BAD COMBINATION.

12/05/2005 9:40 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Orange! You are blowing my mind too! No tree? Are you an alien? Or did you grow up in a bubble? Why were there no trees? I'm so confused...
TB, get thee to Florida.

12/05/2005 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home