Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall-ing

We were in Pendleton a couple weekends back for the Round-Up (of which I have spoken in the past), and I just finally got over the alcoholic malaise that lingers for many days afterwards (this lingering period that grows exponentially with each year). Highlights this year include: everything. It was all great, even the part where Jim rolled around in our pop-up camper for 13 hours going oohhh ohhh, aaaa, I'm so sick, do I look sick, I must have caught Madeleine's bug, ohhh, honeyyyyy. Really? Since when does Madeleine drink beer all day in the hot sun then slow down in the evening with several shots of Beam? As I recall, she's more of a wine drinker... All I can say is this: it wasn't me. If it were me, the depletion of the National Guard would have been a (more) serious issue, as my stomach illnesses reach FEMA proportions.


Damon and Tobin each took home a medal in the Wild Cow Milking Extravaganza. One medal, awarded by the Pendleton Round-Up and another extra-special honorary recognition by PETA. Apparently Pamela Anderson isn't down with the choking of lactating cows. I bet Tommy Lee is, though. I bet he's down with anything that has tits. Teets, technically, but I don't think Tommy Lee can spell.


Now fall has hit, Jim is following horny elk in the woods somewhere east of here and I'm trying to stretch a pack of hot dogs and a box of Honey Bunches of Oats for four days worth of dinner. So far so good, but tonight will be the real test. No milk and no ketchup. Hm, I'm thinking of a little favorite I call Honey Bunches of buttered hot dog surprise. With applesauce!

5 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

Move 'em on, head 'em up,
Head 'em up, move 'em out,
Move 'em on, head 'em out Rawhide!

I'm not sure why Pamela Anderson has such an affiliation for lactating cows as she cannot lactate despite having the same approximate size teets as cows do udders. kinda scary.

9/22/2008 7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that last picture. It's so good to see you!

9/23/2008 5:56 AM  
Blogger Imez said...

I might have mentioned that we had a whole group of Pendleton boys at my boarding school and they were, to the last one, utter bastards.

And that is what I think of every time you mention Pendleton. Cowboy boots in chapel, talking about how god wants then to execute queers.

BUT...seeing you so damned cute in your cowboy hat, is forging a new connection in my brain for Pendleton.

So...thanks for that!

9/23/2008 2:03 PM  
Blogger Feral Mom said...

As luck would have it, I'm reading Catcher in the Rye RIGHT NOW. Heh. And that hat totally makes me want to give you the time. I know. OK, it's 8:41 PDT. Anyway. How about just chewing the rag? Heh heh heh. I love Catcher in the Rye, love your hat, and loved this post.

9/23/2008 8:36 PM  
Blogger meno said...

Teats! For Pete's sake, teats!

9/24/2008 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home