Sunday, July 27, 2008

It seemed like a big deal when I started the post 10 minutes ago, but now I'm having second thoughts.

Woot. We won again. Me and me mates destroyed all the other bored housewives of Montana and are going to Salt Lake City for the regional team tennis championships. I won't fill you in on the details, because they're boring. I mean really, really. I got another cups, though. See...



It should be full of Makers Mark - I need some o' dat. But if Ifs and Buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry christmas.
My psych song for the weekend? This little slice of genius.

Edited to Add: My kids are not impressed by the cup. Why not? What is so terribly underwhelming about a cheap tumbler, tell me! If it were my mom, I tell you. I mean it, yessir. I'd be super whelmed. Full of whelm. Whelmful. About a cheap tumbler full of water. You could knock me over with a feather if my mom showed me a glass of water that someone had just give her FOR FREE!

Also, I'm a Leo, and I believe this means my birthday is in August. Also it means I like it when people take note of me. I hope this explains why today, in a short tennis skirt, I climbed a 12 foot chain link fence to unhook a US Tennis Association banner for our team to pose with for our team picture. Leo = climbing fences in front of people. I read that somewhere. But seriously, we all had some boob sweat going, as I was explaining to myself as I was hauling my ass up that fence. I was doing it for the boob sweat.

13 Comments:

Blogger meno said...

Hey, nice cup! Oh, and where's the picture?

7/27/2008 9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! On the cup...and on looking so good in that picture!

7/27/2008 10:35 PM  
Blogger Orange said...

Congratulations on your triumph, happy upcoming birthday (I'm a Leo too), and girl, your hair looks cute!

7/28/2008 11:56 AM  
Blogger Imez said...

Man, I missed reading about your life. No irony sarcasm or otherwise insincerity there.

But, because I dream of myself in your shoes, except not playing tennis or sweating or competing or moving much at all except to waive my hand at a professor and correct his pronunciation of "Nabokov," I want to ask, who watches your kids while you humiliate other children's mothers?

You superwelm me.

7/28/2008 2:58 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

You look so skinny and cute in your photo. :)

Yay, cup!

7/28/2008 6:01 PM  
Blogger PEACE said...

Cool! I remember winning my first cup in tennis at 2.5. I came back from 2-5 to beat my opponent and our team won our division and got to go to Salt Lake. But, I thought we would get a trophy and they gave us those glasses. I was so disappointed, but now after 4 years of trying to get back there (in higher levels) I treasure my glasses.

That is soooo cool.

I remember it being so dang humid in Salt Lake. Here I thought 90 degrees would be such a cool break from the 114 of Vegas, but the 90% humidity about did us all in. We did get 2nd place so didn't do terrible.

Good Luck with your team! Maybe next year my team will meet your team up there!!

7/28/2008 11:07 PM  
Blogger Feral Mom said...

Sigh. Wuzz nuzz? Huh?

Oh! Congratulations. Seriously. The world of winning anything related to sports is foreign to me, so I must live vicariously (victoriously?) through you.

7/29/2008 8:21 PM  
Blogger spellconjurer said...

This post is a complete and utter lie. The photo is a lie. There is NO way the person in that photo is old enough to be a wife, a mother of two, a coach. Old enough to be buying and selling houses and eating the crusts from peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. The adorable GIRL in that photo looks like she should be hooking up with her other HIGH SCHOOL girlfriends to go to the movies on Sat. She looks like she should be winning High School Tennis matches, and taking her SAT's. She looks like she should be dating the quarter back, and mocking cheerleaders in her mind. She looks old enough to be babysitting the neighbors children! I used to love this blog. Until Mignon tried to pass this photo of a beautiful, 17 year old off as a married mother of two. Seriously,,,,,,,,,,AS IF.

Translation? Girl you are freakin beautiful. The coolest part is, I don't think it's even what you're aiming for. It just happens. Yep like that.

7/30/2008 4:52 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

a) that hanson shit was worse than being rick-rolled.

b) you look hot.

c) boob sweat? hot x 1000.

congratulations. iz so prouda u.

7/30/2008 9:59 PM  
Blogger Stella said...

umm...and WHERE IS THIS PHOTO EVIDENCE???

WOOT TO YOU!

WOOT ON SISTER.

-LEO in ATLANTA

8/05/2008 9:29 AM  
Blogger sfcurtis said...

You are kicking some serious ass - congratulations!

Happy bday too, didn't know you were a Leo (not that it explains anything). John's also a Leo and your words ring true. You guys need all the strokes you can get...so on that note "you look fabulous and adorable!" :)sa

8/07/2008 8:40 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

Hey, at least your award is USEFUL. Not like those stupid trophies. I mean, what do you DO with a trophy? Do you fill it with candy? Flowers? Use it as a trash can?

8/18/2008 6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership by providing engaging widgets containing your blog's rich content. You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:

Wowzio Widgets for your Blog

I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit). I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ). Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Alisha Wright
alisha.wright1@gmail.com

8/28/2008 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home