Thursday, April 10, 2008

One for the kids.

Winter. I warned you.

Fuck it all to hell, it's snowing again, and I just wasted my 2 hour babysitter time submitting four stories to a contest, wherein afterwards I realized all my stories were too long for their ridiculously short guidelines. Four stories, times 10 bucks each. Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. And fuck you too winter. You suck.

Updated to Add: Shit. I just submitted another story to a journal, with the name of the wrong journal in the file name. Fuck shit. Bastard cocksucker. Someone throw me a bone here.

5 Comments:

Blogger ElPato said...

My worst nightmare, snow in April... You make Missouri (Misery) sound like a tropical heaven. Thanks! (I won't be mad if you tell me to fuck off.)

4/10/2008 12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Fuck it all to hell."

And that is why I love you. That and the fact that you are so very, VERY capable of more eloquent verbiage, in the appropriate (snow-FREE) situation...those short story contests suck, with their guidelines. I got published out of one one time, and I think it was half because I was one of only a few who met the guidelines, heh.

4/10/2008 12:43 PM  
Blogger SUEB0B said...

It will get better. Really. It HAS to stop snowing someday, right?

4/12/2008 7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mignon,
sounds like a tough day!!! I'm sure your stories could be submitted elsewhere, no? Hope all is well with you and I'm glad to hear you're writing so much.

4/14/2008 5:54 PM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

Well you could throw in a, "stupid ass motherfucker and ass-hat day," for variety.

5/20/2008 8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home