Wednesday, April 23, 2008

About the kid.

Me: Hey, what're you doing in there? It's time for lunch.
Pooey (fiddling with some paper in the other room): Just a minute. I'm shooting animals with nails.
Me: Okay. Take your time.
Pooey (handing me a crumpled section of a Target ad): Okay. I'm done now. Will you hold my nail gun?

...

(Pooey, pulling his arm back, as if to strike his mom with a dirty dust pan)
Mom: Don't even think about hitting me with that.
Pooey (pausing, scowling): I AM thinking about it.
(Nods his head, looks satisfied. Yes. He thought about it. That will certainly teach her.)

...

(Walking home from dropping Madeleine off at school, Mom and Pooey are hit by the unmistakable scent of garlicky chicken frying at El Diablo down the block.)
Pooey: Ew Mommy! Something mells disgusting and delicious!

11 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

next: shooting disgusting and delicious garlicky chickens with nails.

4/23/2008 9:05 AM  
Blogger meno said...

I admire his brave pairing of a faux grass skirt with a fringed leather jacket. Very original.

4/23/2008 10:34 AM  
Blogger spellconjurer said...

will you adopt me? or hire me to be your live in nanny? your full time gardener? butler? Cause your house sounds LOTS more fun than mind,,,,,,,,snort.

4/23/2008 2:10 PM  
Blogger spellconjurer said...

mind?, sigh.I think mine would work a bit better. Definately more literate as well in your house.

4/23/2008 2:11 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

great. now i gotta go change my fucking underwear.

awesome, M. fucking awesome.

4/24/2008 8:35 PM  
Blogger Jess Riley said...

Disgusting and delicious...you just can't get much better than that.

4/25/2008 11:38 AM  
Blogger Ortizzle said...

Out of the mouths of babes. But how does that stuff taste if that's how it mells?

(Has anyone noticed that the Word Verification fonts are unusually hard to decipher lately?)

4/26/2008 11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's fantastic...all good stuff has a little disgusting in it, too, doesn't it. The kid's a genius.

4/29/2008 6:42 AM  
Blogger TTQ said...

What's next real nail guns and neuticals? He'll all th eother kids by the balls.

Love, Love, Love the picture. Pampers (I think he is wearing a diaper) and a hula skirt. I forgot to see if he had on cowboy boots.. That would really top it off. At that age I wore cowboy boots with everything ot no shoes at all.

The word verifications are getting harder to read. I thought it was my eyes..

5/01/2008 11:29 AM  
Blogger TTQ said...

He'll all th eother kids by the balls.

translation "he'll have all the other kids by the balls."

5/01/2008 11:31 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

I love disgusting and delicious foods! Mmmm, stinky cheese sandwiches.

5/02/2008 6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home