Tuesday, October 24, 2006

They took out a liquor store and put in a Body Shop. Are you kidding me?

I'm back, but damn it all if there haven't been two house showings in the last couple days. Remember how Jim was home with the kids alone for 4 days, and remember how clean the house has to be for showings? So, very quickly, Janet looks gorgeous and healthy, baby Matty eats like a baby horsey, and Mass/Conn are just as they should be: pretty, forested, miniature versions of states. Saturday we drove down to Connecticut to catch up with some former soccer teammates, but we got there a little late for the reception, watched the end of a football game, then spent the rest of the time wandering around a campus I haven't seen for 12 years. I wasn't sorry to miss the reunion - the football game was good, the weather couldn't have been better and I nearly broke down in tears every time a memory came rushing back. Naples pizza - I broke up with Tim, my first real boyfrien, right out front during happy hour one Friday, and his reaction set off a car alarm. Toad's - saw Cindi Lauper, Bob Dylan, John McEnroe's band, Violent Femmes twice. 324 Elm St. - lived there for two years through 9 roommates, uncountable keggers, 2 bikes stolen, 3 boyfriends. Saybrook - Janet's and Jim's dorm - say no more...

Here's a little photo montage, with more details maybe later.

-My old house. I took down the condemned sign just for the picture. My room was the one on the left. The bars were added later, I guess.


-Showing the boy how to rush the field after a big overtime win...


-Here's what I think of the Trilateral Commission


-Here's the only classmate we could find. I think Jan and I have aged quite well, don't you?

10 Comments:

Blogger Tink said...

"His reaction set off a car alarm." He must have really loved you... or was it the poon? lol.

10/24/2006 12:56 PM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

Too funny- I just went back and visited my old college town, too. There are no bars on my old house's windows, but they did paint it an even uglier color of brown... which I didn't think was possible.

Still, the memories are worth their weight in gold, aren't they?

And it seems like you're in an even better place, now. So all's the better!

Cheers!

10/24/2006 2:30 PM  
Blogger Arabella said...

You look good in that green jacket. I wish I had something more profound to say, about the passage of time and the nature of reunions and the glory days of yore....but, really, you just look good.

10/24/2006 3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arabella's right. You look good. And that's a cool house you're standing in front of.

10/24/2006 3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least the house is still there. My college abode in Atlanta was bulldozed 2 years after I left and is now part of a parking lot :(

You look like you enjoyed your trip. I liked seeing the smile on your face.

best wishes on the results of the showings too.

10/24/2006 10:48 PM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

The bars must have been to keep you IN. You and your countless keggers.

That poor classmate must have lead a very hard life.

10/25/2006 5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that you can wear that colour of green and not look like a human kiwi.

10/25/2006 5:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The theme from Cats was playing through my mind as I read this.

I'm so glad you went and I love all the autumn-y looking pics. We don't have colored leaves here, but they do sell fake ones in the stores next to the giant inflatable witches.

10/25/2006 8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, you'll probably get some action off those two showings. Karma and all.

10/25/2006 9:41 AM  
Blogger Jess Riley said...

That house is condemned??!!?! Lord, don't show them a photo of my house.

10/26/2006 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home