Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Me(loves)Me

Sorry, phoning it in... but I actually like this list and I do whatever Arabella tells me to. (In my mind I say, "On the advice of my counsel..." beforehand. Like On the advice of my counsel I'm going to get Jim to bbq a pork loin this weekend. Try it, it's fun...)

Buncha Questions MeMe

1. First name? Did you think I made up Mignon?
2. Were you named after anyone? No, but it means cute in French. Old guys love it when I tell them that. Everyone else nods and internally rolls their eyes.
3. Do you wish on stars? Yep, and eyelashes, hay trucks, all-the-same digits on a clock, ... I'm sure there are more
4. When did you last cry? This afternoon when a bug flew in my eye.
5. Do you like your handwriting? Yes, all caps, all the time.
6. What is your favorite lunch meat?tuna
7. When is your birthday? The day Elvis died. And the same day as Frank AND Kathie Lee Gifford... coincidence? I think not.
8. What is your most embarrassing CD? Does the fact that I have 3 copies of Coolio's Gangsta's Paradise count?
9. If you were another person would you be friends with you? Probably not. Sometimes I get on my own last nerve.
10. Do you have a journal? I have 4 or 5 separate writing journals. They're all basically empty.
12. Would you bungee jump? No. I'm scared of heights.
13. What is your favorite cereal? Ahh... so little time to answer this... I could eat cereal every meal of every day. For breakfast Cheerios and Grape-Nuts together. For lunch Crispix. For snack Lucky Charms. For dinner Kashi shredded wheat.
14. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Never.
15. Do you think that you are strong? Yes. Except when it comes to hearing bad news.
16. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Tillamook Brown Cow. All others bow to it. Actually I don't like any other kind of ice cream than that.
17. Shoe Size? 8.
18. Red or pink? For what? Polish? Pink. Clothing? Red. The color of my gums? That's private.
19. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? Short attention span.
20. Who do you miss the most? My gramma NeeNee. I wanted to know her as an adult.
21. Do you want everyone you send this to to send it back? Yes! I love getting mail! Huh?
22. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? soccer shorts and bare feet. It was 90 today.
23. Last thing you ate? Lime popsicle
24. What are you listening to right now? The humidifier. None of us can sleep without it.
25. If you were a crayon what color would you be? I'd never be a crayon. I'd be a blood red Sharpie.
26. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? A neighbor lady asking me if I could play Bunko tonight. Nope - had a date with some popsicles and babies.
27. Fingers or toes? Fingers. I love holding hands, but Jim and I both have big hands and it cuts off our circulation.
28. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? I really have no idea. Understated confidence maybe?
29. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Hell yes!
30. Favorite Drink? Beer: Bridgeport IPA, Licker: whiskey sour, Asundry: coffee from a press with lotsa cream and sugar
31. Favorite Sport? Football. I could play or watch all day.
32. Hair Color? Brownish.
33. Favorite office supply item? Ahhh the whole luvin lot of it. I should work at Staples, but they might fire me for running through the aisles naked and rolling around in the bulk ballpoint bins.
34. Do you wear contacts? No.
35. Favorite Food? Besides cereal? Mangoes and hot brownies and hot dogs.
36. Last Movie You Watched? That one with Tom Arnold and Maggie Gyllenhaal. I liked it.
37. Favorite Day Of The Year?New Years? Sounds good.
38. Scary Movies Or Happy Endings? Neither. I don't like to be scared. But I like cliffhangers.
39. Summer or winter? Both.
40. Hugs or Kisses? kisses
41. Favorite dessert? My brain just froze in mental ecstasy. Anything with lots of whipped cream. Maybe just whipped cream.
42. What's On Your Mouse Pad? An overhead B&W picture of a football game.
43. What Did You Watch Last night on TV? Grey's Anatomy. Did anyone not?
44. Favorite Smells? Baby heads. The ocean.
45. Favorite Sounds? The humidifier. If I can hear it, it means everyone's asleep.
46. Stones or Beatles? Beatles.
47. What's the furthest you've been from home? What's farther Singapore or Italy?
48. What books are you reading? David Sedaris' Naked and Mrs. Frisbee and the Rats of Nymh with Madeleine. I'm actually enjoying the latter more. It's amazingly well-written.

Well, that was fun! Let's see... how about Debbie and Gradual Gardner (I'm lobbing you this one because you clearly need to tell us all you're still amongst the living).

19 Comments:

Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

I was going along, enjoying your answers and then it felt like someone punched me in the stomach when I saw my name. Thanks, Mignon.

#2 - uh, that wasn't just an internal eye roll.

Love cereal! Love beer! Love coffee!! We have so much in common.

Poking yourself in the eye does not constitute crying.

5/17/2006 4:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love when you do this. Always something interesting revealed. You should have a game show. wE'll guess your answer for a prize. Okay, no prize necessary.

5/17/2006 5:11 AM  
Blogger Arabella said...

Mmmmm.....brownies.

I didn't know you could wish on hay trucks and all the same digits on a clock. Clearly, I have much to learn.

How are you liking Naked? My all-time favorite Sedaris is Me Talk Pretty One Day.

5/17/2006 5:58 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Yes, the fact that you have three copies of Ganga's Paradise counts, LOL. And you and Dave can be cereal buddies, okay? He lives for cereal.

And I don't know which is further from home, but the fact that you've been to both Singapore and Italy is very cool.

5/17/2006 6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dooooooooooooooooooooooooood

i was so born on the day elvis died. one year later.

this is also Madonnas birthday. I have always enjoyed that one.

5/17/2006 7:08 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

"I'd never be a crayon. I'd be a blood red Sharpie." Oh-ho. You just HAD to be different. LOL

Great Meme.

5/17/2006 9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Naked makes me laugh out loud in glee. The story about the brown towels is the best ever.

And 90? Man are you lucky. It hasn't even hit 80 here yet this year and probably won't for another month. So long, Ohio.

PS I heart you and your quirky answers to this meme.

5/17/2006 9:20 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Debbie, I didn't want to be the ellevent-hundreth person that said she'd cried watching Grey's Anatomy. And one eye did produce copious tears, so I thought it was at least correct by definition...

Kathie, that reminds me of the game where you tell someone 3 truths and a lie and they have to guess the lie. That game makes me want to pee my pants with apprehension for some reason.

Arabella, I do like Naked, but I'm having a hard time focusing on it. It's all I can do to finish Ann Landers these days.

MamaT, it's not really that cool. I was starting up semiconductor processing equipment and spent most of my time in a clean room. Sorry, did you just doze off there?

Stella!!! What happened to that other long-ass name? Anyway, dood! He died on my 5th birthday because you're babier than me.

Thanks Tink. That Sharpie thing, in hind-sight was totally wrong because it made me sound all goth and pierced and stuff. Actually I'd probably be a mechanical pencil. I love mechanical pencils. And mechanical erasers. And mechanical bedroom toys. HAHAHA!

5/17/2006 9:22 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

ooo, teebs snuck in...

I'll trade my 90 for your 80, mkay? 90's okay when the pools are open or the city fountains are going, otherwise it's just a damn hot day, sittin on the front steps watching the kids melt.

5/17/2006 9:25 AM  
Blogger Mitch said...

Mrs. Frisbee and the Rats of Nymh, why has this book been stalking me lately? I read it somewhere in grade school. It was the first book I truly loved that didn't have a picture on every page.
Another great book to read with your kids is The Great Rescue Operation, by Jean Van Leeuwen - it's like Flowers for Algernon, only for kids. Okay, not realy, but it has mice, and made me sniffly at the end. Good luck finding it - you'll probably have to eBay, but it's totally worth it!

As for cereal, I've been known to leave the supermarket with nothing but a cart full of cereal boxes. Love it! My favorite screen-print tee has a skull and cross spoons and reads "cereal killer."

5/17/2006 12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well you didn't pick me but i'm gonna do this anyway because although I NEVER do these kind of things i just wanna. am i fun OR WHAT! but tomorrow. or later today. who knows! that's how fun i am! and unpredictable!

5/17/2006 4:22 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I saw David Sedaris read from naked AND Me Talk Pretty AND Dress Your family. I am a David Sedaris slut.

And I share your affection for Office Supplies. It makes my heart happy to be in OfficeMax, Staples or any of the derivatives.

5/17/2006 6:38 PM  
Blogger Jess Riley said...

I wish on clock digits, too! Not only 11:11, but also 12:34.

I love me some Sedaris.

Such a witty meme. Mignon, you're my hero.

5/17/2006 7:44 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Wow, Mitch, that lady's prolific. I found the book you recommended at Powell's online and ordered it. (Used for $2.95!) Now please tell me where to find that t-shirt! Must Have It.

Honey's train? Sweetie, I was gonna pick you, but you don't seem lazy enough for MeMes.

Dawn, is he cute? Whenever I've seen an accomplished author read I get that stirring in my loins like when watching a rock star. Whoa. Especially this guy.

Jess, thanks. And thanks for yet another reason to make a wish. There can't be too many.

5/17/2006 7:58 PM  
Blogger Imez said...

I thought you made up Mignon. Hey, pronounce it. Meen-yon?

You've been reading Naked for a really long time.

I like hearing about you. These things aren't annoying when you do them.

Soccer shorts are lame, though. And butchy.

5/17/2006 9:04 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

I know, Esereth. I mean all of it, I know. After I put the kids to bed I end up reading the paper or something else at a 4th grade reading level. I think I may be able to finish Naked now that - cutting myself off there. Whatever was just going to get typed was a complete lie. Don't know when I'll finish Naked.

Soccer shorts are butchy, aren't they? But I play soccer. Actually, I play soccer, but don't wear soccer shorts to play. I only wear them when I've eaten too much for dinner. And I never wear them with butchy shirts. Does that make a difference.

It's Min-yone.

5/17/2006 9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the first time I laughed out loud over this meme.

The blood red Sharpie? The true confessions of an office supply whore? The color of your gums? Ha, ha, ha, ha

5/17/2006 11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am soooo late to this party but I also thought that Mignon was a nom de plume (or whatever we're calling it now in the digital age). I was so tickled when I realized it was your real name a while back. It's lovely.

5/21/2006 10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why 3 copies of Gangsta's Paradise? Are they collectible editions or something?

And if you selected a blood red Sharpie, doesn't this mean you'd choose red over pink? What if someone handed you a PINK sharpie, what then??

5/22/2006 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home