Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Not myself, but sort of.

I feel weird today. Melancholy, but happy. My head hurts a little, but spring is coming and makes me feel more awake. I'm meeting with my writing instructor tomorrow and need to finish the exercise that's been hanging over me for a year and a half. It's a distance learning course and I'm not enthralled with the 'textbook' he put together, but I appreciate his input and it forces me to finish a story that's been haunting me. Right now I'm listening to Suo Gan (the boys' choir song from the opening scene of Empire of the Sun) and yesterday I bought a pack of postcards... here:





Madeleine was vomit-y and feverish all day yesterday, but as is her m.o., she's bouncing off the walls of pretend-land this morning. I think right now I'm supposed to be Rage and she's my big sister Sketny. Yep, yep, she just yelled from the other room, "Rage! Go clean the stables right now! Baby Hanry is late for school." I love my kooky kids.




I hope you have a mindful day.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rage, you are on today. Your head may feel fuzzy, but you still got it. Now get to work, you've got stalls to muck.

PS I love me some Christian Bale

3/21/2006 10:30 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Did I know you had a writing instructor? That's cool.

3/21/2006 11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have to check with our little girl to see who we are each morning.

Thank god(dess) someone knows!

My best persona so far: momma daddy princess (it's certainly open to lots of interpretation!)

3/21/2006 2:02 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I wish you a big bucket of Mash. And not a mouthful of shit.

3/21/2006 4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the photo of the people with the signs. I can't even contemplate the war...not because I don't care, but because it makes me want to shrivel up and sleep forever. Good luck with your assignment. I totally get the melancholy/happy cocktail...wish I didn't. did you ever check out that painting?

3/21/2006 6:18 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

(I'm supposed to be hastily finishing my work - but look! I'm not doing it!)

teebs - thanks and I know! Is it weird that I was totally hot for him in American Psycho?

MamaT - I don't think I've talked about it because I haven't seen him in a year and a half. I'll write more about it later.

DD - What an insightful girl you have! She nailed you.

Dawn - thanks?

Thanks Lynn - the story's not going well right now, but I'll write more about that later.

Kathie - the war? I know. There's a peace center here in town that's very active with protests and keeping our community aware of what's going on. I really appreciate that.

Wordgirl - younger? I don't think so. My suggestion for myself is to get an activity, like a class or a regular volunteer gig (once I finish this story I'm working on I'm going to Planned Parenthood to see if they need help). But you? My god, the things you do humble me. Are you doing too much, maybe? Too much selfless stuff?

3/22/2006 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home