Thursday, March 16, 2006

I have no pride.

This post idea is shamelessly stolen from Arabella. I would like to steal her post ideas every day, but that would be a little dumb.

SO, pick out the weirdest thing from the following items found in and around my house:

1) Strangest item in my medicine cabinet:
a - Paint can opener
b - Golf tee
c - 2 shot glasses

2) Strangest item on my kitchen counter (Arabella said cosmetic drawer - me say huh?):
a - Rocks (9)
b - Spoon found in the backyard 8 years ago
c - A tiny wooden rake from a tiny rock garden kit that was spilled on the floor 3 weeks ago

3) Strangest item on my bedside table (better phrase than nightstand, which is what I do when hovering over sick, sleeping children)
a - Rocks (7)
b - 1 Lira
c - Used Dora band-aid

4) Strangest item in my "handbag" (better word than purse, which is what old women that smoke too much do with their lips):
a - Origami Tyrannasaurus Rex
b - Pulverized packet of saltine crackers
c - Pulverized hotel souvenir soap

5) Strangest item in my refirgerator (I blame it on Andy, the ex-drinking buddy virus):
a - 29 condiments
b - An empty bottle of wine
c - An empty 6-pack of Sierra Nevada

Okay, pick the strangest from each list.

(Side note: I just put Quinn down for a nap, and instead of nursing a little then going to sleep, he slurped a couple times, pulled his head back, stared at my nipple for a minute and laughed. He laughed out loud heartily. As if to say, "What the hell? I'm sucking on your boob and milk is coming out!!" He even looked up at me to see if I realized how bizarre the situation was.)

12 Comments:

Blogger Arabella said...

I am so glad you did this. I toyed with the idea of making it a meme, but wasn't sure if other people would have the same "places" and couldn't deal with the rejection of nobody doing it.

1. b (huh?)
2. b (since my record for random objects is only 7 years)
3. c (I have a Euro in my clothes drawer)
4. a (I only remember how to do cups and cranes)
5. b (I'd rinse it out and stick a rose in it, so instead of an empty wine bottle in my fridge, I'd have an empty wine bottle on my counter with a dead rose in it).

3/16/2006 8:47 AM  
Blogger Jaye Wells said...

As a mother, none of those items are odd to me. You mean everyone doesn't have used bandaids and rocks on their bedside table? At any moment, I am able to rustle up a Thomas the Tank engine character as if my magic from almost any surface or container in my home.

Wen I first read the contents of your refrigerator I thought you said 29 condoms. Now, that would be really odd.

3/16/2006 8:53 AM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

You items are much weirder than Arabella's so you WIN!

3/16/2006 8:56 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

ROFLMAO: That side comment was the funniest thing I've heard all week! *Stamps with "Quote Of The Day."*

Kiddo is still collecting rocks I take it?

3/16/2006 9:08 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Arabella, I also have some dead flowers hanging from a nerf hoop above the pantry door. Beautiful!
Jaye, brrr! My 'gina is shivering at the thought. And not in a good way...
Debbie, I think by winning, I think I lose.
Tink. Rocks. Everywhere. Everywhere!!

3/16/2006 9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess maybe that means Quinn is almost ready to be weaned? I don't know much about breastfeeding. In fact, I know nothing about it so never mind.

Okay:

1. a - Shot glasses in the medicine cabinet? Does that mean there's a bottle of tequila under the sink?

2. I already know about Madeleine's penchant for rocks so I'll say b

3. c. Throw it away!

4. c. (see above)

5. c. (see above)and dude, you really like hot sauce, huh?

3/16/2006 9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1C
2C
3A
4B
5C (why is it empty and still in there?)

Thanks for burning up 10 minutes of an otherwise horribly boring day at IDT...

3/16/2006 3:27 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Hi J! Glad to help. Except you've made me shudder a little, remembering those days...

Jim thinks it's easier to drink a beer and put it back in the 6-pack, still in the fridge, and so being a passive aggressive housekeeper, I leave the empty beers in there because they fool him into thinking we actually have beers in the house and he gets all disappointed when he settles in to watch American Idol and there's just a bunch of empties. Haha.

3/16/2006 3:41 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

You just had a flash forward of Quinn the College student!

Shot glass - cause it is a handy medicine dispenser.

Wooden Rake.
Band aid
Pulerized saltime crackers
Condiments. We have lots too.

3/16/2006 4:18 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

1. A golf tee? In your medicine cabine?

2. Any particular reason you're hanging on to an 8-year old spoon?

3. The Lira.

4. That's a tossup between a) and c). I'm leaning toward c).

5. If they're empty, why are they still in your fridge?

3/16/2006 7:07 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Er...*cabinet*.

3/16/2006 7:08 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Hi Lynn! Thanks for coming by, and no, you're right. After further inspection (counting not just condiments in the door holder things) there are actually 37 different condiments in the fridge. This includes 5 mustards and 9 salad dressings.

Dawn, yes, one of the shot glasses was actually tipped over on top of a bottle of Nyquil. The other one has a penny in it.

MamaT - the 8 year old spoon is silver! Jim found it in the dirt when putting in a stone path in our first house. It actually has the monogrammed letter the same as out last name. It always seems to be hanging around in the kitchen.

3/17/2006 8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home