Thursday, January 05, 2006

Help? Plus Some Other Stuff

Does anyone know how to put a picture behind the title of my blog? I've monkeyed around with the template a little and almost totally mangled the whole thing. So no more monkey-ing!

And here's what I'm listening to today, because I feel pretty, oh so pretty, inclined to sing aloud:
1) Neil Diamond's 12 Songs I'm not ashamed to admit this, because I think this album rocks, except for song #2 which makes my ears hurt.
2) Peter and the Wolf, with Sean Connery. Oh melt. They used to play this for us at Kiddie College when we were supposed to be napping, but it had a little boy's raspy voice as the narrator (I can never find that version - does anyone know what I'm talking about?).
3) The Mamas and Papas. My daughter knows all the words to Creeque Alley. She loves the fat Mama Cass parts.
4) The Bottle Let Me Down, Songs for Bumpy Wagon Rides - I guess they're kids songs, but Funky Butt rocks.
5) Old Crow Medicine Show. Madeleine also knows all the words to Tell It To Me, as in "Drink the corn liquor let the cocaine be, Cocaine’s gonna kill my honey dead." But at least she likes bluegrass.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tink said...

Awesome selection. I've been listening to Sarah Mclachlan's techno remix CD, Bloom. I've found that this CD will cure everything from road rage to PMS. It's my miracle drug. Ahhhhh.

1/05/2006 10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mignon, I know Typepad well, but haven't played much with Blogger -- I do have an old site there, though, so if I have a chance tonight I'll see if I can figure it out.

Cool songs. BTW, I meant to tell you (I think it was you that asked?)that I was singing to Fallout Boy's "Sugar, I'm Going Down" when the security guard caught me. :-)

1/05/2006 10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any advice from me about the behind the scenes workings of a blog would be best ignored so I'll save you the trouble and just not bother. Me=tech stupid.

And hooray for bluegrass! I've been listening to Yonder Mountain and Gillian Welch today. I heart iPod.

I would LOVE to hear Madeline singing Old Crow. It's so awesome that you share real music with your kids in addition to the kiddie stuff.

1/05/2006 10:41 AM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

Sigh - I am no help on the techie side.

Sigh - I have not heard of Funky Butt or Old Crow. I am off to iTunes to get educated.

I did, however, finish the meme you tagged me for about a month ago...sorry.

1/05/2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger Arabella said...

I eagerly await the picture!

1/05/2006 1:20 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Love the Mamas and the Papas. Always have...they're timeless.

1/05/2006 2:08 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

My template header was a complete and total nightmare to get right. I am sooo the wrong person to ask.

But love the music!

1/05/2006 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home