Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Speedos Don't Hide Much

My far-away friend and I just had a debate about the hottest sports body. My first thought was gymnasts, because they're muscle-y and flexible, but that's clearly wrong. Do you remember the last Olympics with the twins and their center-parted hair? These boys are clearly fighting their "girlfriends" for the free sample of Nair in this month's Cosmo. My friend's first thought was basketball players. Long and lean. Fluid, even. But in my mind, too skinny. We tossed out football players (too beefy), wrestlers (something just plain ew!), and baseball players (no comment needed - I mean really? with the spitting?). And then I remembered the poster. The Poster. When my brother was in college he played water polo and one Christmas he brought back his team photo as a poor college guy's kind of gift to my mom. She was all "oh honey, thanks?" and I was all drool and raging hormones. Imagine 15 hot guys, naked except for Speedos, staring at you as you sprawl on your basement couch reading Judy Blume books. If I never dated much in high school it was only because I was a total slut at home with the Water Polo Team. Yeah. Water Polo Guys.

9 Comments:

Blogger Arabella said...

There's a free sample of Nair in this month's Cosmo?????????

11/30/2005 6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like hockey player's bodies. They are in better shape than most athletes. You just have to get past all the facial scarring and chipped teeth.

11/30/2005 7:35 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Sorry, arabella. Wouldn't it be cool though, if instead of lame perfume samples, magazines put in really useful stuff (like Nair, Oxy, chocolate, etc.).

tb, I'm not sure I could get past the facial scarring, teeth and lack of coherent thought.

wg, I thought about swimmers, but in my dating experience, they have very feminine legs. And the shaving thing's a little creepy. But yes! Soccer! Thank you - I was a soccer player...

11/30/2005 9:04 AM  
Blogger Arabella said...

I'd love a sample of some chocolate, and also a little Soft Scrub. Better yet, a few squares of toilet paper for those times when I'm sitting on the toilet, reading a magazine, and staring at the empty cardboard tube in front of me.

Yoga's good for endurance, but I think a Pilates physique trumps all.

11/30/2005 11:29 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

I often wonder if I'm the only one that resorts to using the empty cardboard roll when the toilet paper is gone. It's surprisingly absorbent.
And if you want flexible, check out this guy.

11/30/2005 2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Water polo is a good second, but I gotta go with soccer players for number one.

One of the real treats in moving to Europe: no more endless TV coverage of padded, overweight American football players - just lean and lightly clothed soccer studs.

and there seems to be no logical reason why they couldn't adopt the Speedo for soccer too...

12/01/2005 3:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're all missing out on the best sport for hot guys...Rugby. Not only is there the horrible facial scarring of hockey, but you get the cauliflower ear and general ewww of wrestlers. An added bonus is that the shorts they wear are really small and tight.
-C

12/01/2005 8:26 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Thanks C - I was wondering when you were going to chime in about rugby. Aside from the physically appealing qualities, rugby guys have that added intangible of being constantly drunk. Yes, who couldn't love an athlete that competes after a keg stand?

12/01/2005 9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anna Envy said...

I thought I was alone in the world. Try an early am Bikram class next to a University. There are 5 college boys in speedos in attendance this week. I pinched my self.

12/14/2009 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home