Thursday, November 17, 2005

Foreskin Drama

Phone Rings.
"MOOOOMMYYYY"
"I got it Sweetie."
On the phone, "Is this Quinn's mom?"
"Yes?" Me thinking, what did he do?? Oh wait, he's in an infant...
"He has a doctor's appointment tomorrow at 12:00"
"Okay, thanks."

"Mommy, who was that?"
"The doctor, Pooh-y has an appointment tomorrow."
"For what?"
"Shots."
"SHOOOOTS?? Is it going to be as bad as when he had his weiner cut off?"
"No sweetie, nothing will ever be that bad."

My husband made the circumcision decision. Madeleine and I are still traumatized.

1 Comments:

Blogger Orange said...

My husband spared us the trauma. We agonized over that decision from the day we found out it was going to be a boy until right before he came home from the hospital 5.5 weeks after birth. However, someday we will have the trauma of having to explain to a teenage boy with a foreskin how condoms work with a foreskin. (It just doesn't seem possible, and my husband and I have had no exposure to adult foreskins in action.)

11/21/2005 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home