Wednesday, August 05, 2009

What else did I do?

Crud. We've got money issues in August? What has this world come to? Oh yeah, a depression. Money worries make me feel like I'm 20 again, powerless and immature. Because we (me and him) are educated and gainfully employed, any money issues we have are a direct result of our own inability to budget and act fiscally responsible. I was hoping as I typed that last line that I would feel better. Absolved in some way, but it didn't work. Maybe if I type it again... nah. You know what would make me feel better? A nice hot cup of coffee.

And so there you have it. My tiny-life drama in a world of inequity and poverty. I'm sad because I can't go to sushi for lunch, but Oh-Ho! my coffee has been replenished and Isn't everything awesome!

Things are a little turned around lately, people doing and saying the (sadly) unexpected, less cracking up and more pensive contemplation. So I don't want to be pissed at anyone else any more. I think it's much healthier to irrationally direct my anger and frustration at myself. I am actually the mastermind behind the Boko Haram killings in Nigeria. Madeleine's sheets are taking on a brownish tint because I'm an inadequate homemaker. I'm not being politically active enough and have caused the drop in Obama's approval rating.

I feel much better now.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, now I know why my pool is filling with algae; would you stop already?

8/06/2009 7:34 AM  
Blogger SUEB0B said...

At least you have sheets. I have been too lazy to put on a top sheet for about 2 weeks. I keep thinking I will get around to it.

8/07/2009 4:22 PM  
Anonymous apathy lounge said...

There's an alarming dip under the subfloor in my office. Could this be you?

8/10/2009 3:42 PM  
Anonymous stella said...

you should really be ashamed of yourself. you muddy sheet mamma. what kind of operation are you running there anyway?? do you need me to send you a 20 dollah?

xoxo happy belated to you to sistah sledge.

*note to self - bring OWN sheets when/if ever visiting the mignon household.

s

8/17/2009 10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have just summed up my life. Are you stalking me for writing inspiration?

s.c

8/18/2009 9:25 AM  
Blogger HeyJoe said...

Crud. My but this boat is getting awfully crowded.

8/23/2009 3:12 PM  
Blogger HeyJoe said...

Crud. My but this boat is getting awfully crowded.

8/23/2009 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home