Thursday, December 07, 2006

Ho ho horniments!

More Christmas peripherals (if you've come here for wordy posts about bodily functions, please check back in a couple days)...

It's that time again:
The B-List Bloggers Holiday Ornament Exchange

Last year a few of us B-Listers did it, and it was cool. In 2005 Arabella, Tammie, Stacey and Mrs. H took part - check the links if you want to see what's in store...

So here are the details:
- If you'd like to take part, e-mail me your first and last name and your address and I will coordinate who you will send your ornament to. (My email address is in my profile.) Who YOU will receive an ornament from will be a big ole mystery.
- If you're concerned about privacy, let me know. I'll try to pair you up with others that have similar concerns.
- If you don't want to participate, why have you read this far?
- If you still don't want to participate, but are continuing to read, let me tell you something: I bought a tie for Jim yesterday for our holiday party. It was charcoal with different colored squares. I brought it home and Jim pointed out that it was exactly like Larry King's interview background. He was right. Then he told me from now on he will only wear flat-front pants because pleats are passe. He didn't say passe though. All the other stuff was freakin hot, but if he'd said passe, that would have been much less hot.

- Now, back to
The Exchange
... I'd like to have all the responses by Monday, so let's make the song of the day Get Down On It. Hey you - get your back up off the wall!

Update: Hmm, that was a ho ho-hum first-day response. Now I have to leave this up all weekend so everyone can see it. I think I'll add some pictures.

It's like he thinks he's David Blaine or something. VOILA!



This sums up my first year as a stay-at-home mom. If Madeleine was 15 she'd be all, "Jesus mom! How do you fuck up Campbell's soup?"


But she's not 15 yet, and instead writes notes like this to her sick cousin.

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in. Even though we have a tiny house, we bought the biggest tree that would fit in the sun room. And all my decorations are in storage. Right now the tree is up, but totally bare. It's a minimalist Christmas here in Florida.

PS As long as you're not buying Jim wigs like Oprah wears, I think he should stop complaining.

12/07/2006 9:18 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

You know I am SO in.

I agree with Jim, pleats *are* passe`. Plus, they make anyone who weighs over 100 lbs. look a little jelly in the belly, even if they're not. Hooray for flat-fronts! Was that his response to you buying him pants, or was this outburst apropos of nothing? Sometimes Booby comes out with fashion pronouncements out of the blue, is why I ask.

Oh, and I totally asked for that Lotta bag from my Pollyanna. Booya!

12/07/2006 11:23 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Teebs, somehow I'm picturing you communing with nature and making all sorts of sparkly cool ornaments out of moss and lizard skin and such... am I right?

Mrs. H, it was out of the blue. I'd asked him to read an Esquire style guide several months ago, and even left it on the back of the toilet. I think it finally took. Oh, and let me know when I should start sending cool diaper bag links.

12/07/2006 11:26 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

Do the mail people deliver to cardboard boxes on the beach?

12/07/2006 12:56 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Sure, but can you fit a tree in there?

12/07/2006 1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please commence with the diaper bag links immediately! I need cool, hip different yet totally functional.

Also, since my cats have killed and delivered copious amounts of lizards, it's not totally out of the question.

12/07/2006 1:24 PM  
Blogger Ortizzle said...

Hmmm... I just looked up the meaning of "B-List" bloggers. Apparently it is people who get over 1000 hits per day on their blog.

So that's very interesting. Maybe in 5 or 6 years. Right now my site meter is busting to get above 15 on a daily basis, and that counts me checking in plus weirdos who find me because they googled something with the word "hot" in it, and I was only talking about cooking.

12/07/2006 2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this isn't the proper place, but... y'all- Mignon played a wicked game in goal last night (indoor soccer.)

NICE JOB! Onward, to the semi-finals.

12/07/2006 5:01 PM  
Blogger Never That Easy said...

I'm with Ortizzle ~ I'm far from B-List (hello, my three readers!) Also, are you supposed to make an ornament? Or just pick out something awesome? Either way, if you'll take a D+ list Blogger, I'd like to play.

12/08/2006 7:56 AM  
Blogger Orange said...

Wait a minute, wait a minute—you've been letting your husband wear pleated-front pants all this time? Oh, dear. It saddens me to report that you should have burned all his pleated pants, like, five years ago. Or at least three years ago.

12/08/2006 8:35 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Ortizzle and NTE and probably others: I think way back when, before someone invented a real-live-fake way to classify blogs (B, C, D list, whatever), a couple people started referring to themselves as B-Listers. It was supposed to mean, "Just not as cool as the obviously cooler cool kids." Please don't think B-List refers to some criteria for readership. That's would be shite.

SO! If you want to do, and here I am shouting, YOU HAVE TO SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS. BY E-MAIL. PLEASE!

Orange, yes. I did let him. Because when he goes to work, I don't care. But he had two pairs of flat fronts that he cycled when we went out. Now he's suddenly decided he wants to look okay at work too. Heh.

M1, thanks. But I'm too old for this, I think.

12/08/2006 11:58 AM  
Blogger TFLS said...

I would like to participate too, please! Sounds like fun. And Ortizzle, honey - I wouldn't know 1000 hits from Moscow; so don't feel all alone over there!

12/08/2006 1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! 1,000 hits a day... Naw, we just made up B-list before B-list meant anything. I guess you could say we were B-List before B-List was cool.

12/08/2006 2:21 PM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

I must be like a D-lister. That's D for Damn Cool Blogger.

I don't want to do the ornament exchange because it would make me have to a. buy an ornament (okay, that's the easy fun part)b. find a box to put it in c. go to the place from Hell (post office) this time of year.

12/08/2006 2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm new to your site, but I'm IN on the Christmas ornament. But like is this something I have to MAKE? I'll definately need more rules and guidelines since I wasn't around last year.

hstj at prairieinet dot net

12/08/2006 8:59 PM  
Blogger Trish said...

Oh I'm in, I've been trying to find the original Christmas ornament exchange that was started around 2001, but I think it died about the time my first blog did. I'll email you my info, thanks for doing this.

12/10/2006 10:00 AM  
Blogger meno said...

I'm a D-cup, and a D-lister. You so needed to know that.

Bring it on.

12/10/2006 1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It will take far too long for me to send anything from China at this stage- but i'd love to be in it for next year... with a bit more prep time!!!

12/10/2006 9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I too old to participate even though I have found the cutest ornaments that are appropriate for the whole year and everyone would adore one?

If not, my name you should know and I'm in!

12/11/2006 9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope I get paired with Mignon's mom.

12/11/2006 9:47 AM  
Blogger Arabella said...

The only things I have 1000 of per day are spider veins and backaches. I'm in on the ornaments, if there's someone who wants to exchange with a grumpy roadmap of a person.

12/11/2006 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home