Wednesday, November 29, 2006

eBay, meet me after school.

We decided to scale back a little this Christmas. We're going for the H2 instead of the stretch limo Hummer. For toys, that is - last year I bought this marble-block thingy that, for the price, should've come with a long-soulful kiss from Daniel Craig, but instead had a bell that tinkled when smacked against the head of an idiot mom. No, this year it's going to be different. Used stuff. Yesterday I bid on a pile of gently used blocks on eBay, but because I suck at eBay, I bid on the wrong item, and also because I suck at eBay, I bid less than the current high bid, so this morning I was informed by a very sanctimonious eBay automated mailing system that I did not win the plastic fake-Lego replica of an American Airlines 727. I should've been relieved, but instead I've been trying to think of snappy comebacks to that jackass eBay automated mailing system. Like, "Yeah, I realize my bid was too low, but bid this." Clever, huh?

In a minute, when Madeleine has sunk deeply into her Doogal coma, I'll get back on eBay. I mean, I'm gonna get me ON some eBAY. No, what I really mean, is I will type in Used Blocks and look at the list of 23,445 matching items and try not to bid on Used Blocks on which to park my broken down Chevy Cavalier, and instead I'll try to find small wooden objects with which to throw at the head of an idiot mom. Because despite my good intentions, bells and blocks make great weapons. See?

9 Comments:

Blogger Tink said...

*Whistles* Nice shiner. Might I suggest soft plush toys?

11/29/2006 1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

....or maybe she just needs to wear those helmets that the cops wear at protests. You know...the ones with the face shields.

11/29/2006 5:06 PM  
Blogger Orange said...

She looks like she's been playing on your soccer team.

Hey, we have that Lego jet. Those wings take up a LOT of room when it's all assembled. And you're gonna end up doing most of the work yourself. I say you aim for smaller, easier (and cheaper) Lego sets this year.

11/29/2006 5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The face she's making is PRICELESS.

11/29/2006 6:39 PM  
Blogger Arabella said...

Poor Madeleine!

For a minute, I thought this Doogal thing had something to do with Google. Then, I actually used Google to straighten it out. Oy. So much to learn!

Your talking about blocks got me all excited. Bristle blocks, and colored wooden blocks, and all those fun toys I played with from the 70's! I'm probably hopelessly outdated. Kids today probably play with blocks with little rhinestones and mini cellphones on them or something.

11/30/2006 5:10 AM  
Blogger meno said...

Oh my god, that face. She's just so pissed off and cute that i could eat her up.

11/30/2006 9:16 AM  
Blogger Imez said...

Do you really have a broken down Chevy Cavalier? Because Rock does, broken and everything, and I hate it. It is my nemesis.

Blocks are the best freakin' gift in the world. I think I played with my mis-matched ones more than any other toy I ever owned.

11/30/2006 9:44 AM  
Blogger Ortizzle said...

Holy Cow. Santa Vaca. That must've been one hell of a block that ran into her eye.

I'm off to check out Doogal as I am also woefully unaware, but I bet it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Or a lead block.

11/30/2006 10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm rather addicted to Ebay right now. But I'm having to be careful because I'm finding that when you add in shipping costs, most things are still cheaper at Costo...or the $1 store. :)

PS: At the dollar store recently, I saw some KILLER kid toys. Not killer like kill the child, but very cool.

11/30/2006 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home