Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I'd Do Him (Her?)

A friend just called to see if I wanted to got to Capote tonight. I looked it up and found that Truman Capote is played by Philip Seymour Hoffman. Philip Seymour Hoffman, I heart you. I don't know what it is about him. He's kinda fat, funny-headed, slouchy, bad teeth. All considered not particularly appealing characteristics. But the way he talks... (me staring at the wall for many moments, imagining his gravelly drawl from Almost Famous) I think that must be it.
It reminds me of a game my friend and I used to play where we tried to think of the grossest person, by conventional hot-ness standards, that we had a secret desire to make out with. Hers was Steven Tyler, which I never thought was fair because a rock star can be toothless and oozing pus from open face wounds and still have some kind of allure, but oh well. Mine was John Goodman (again the voice!). I'm pondering now, give me a sec... yep, still hot for JG. Or how about Jeffrey Rush? Can he count as gross? Oh wait! I KNOW! Judi Dench. And I'm not even a little gay, but she kind of looks like a man and the accent and stoic-ness. Yes!

10 Comments:

Blogger Arabella said...

Jeff Goldblum and Benicio del Toro.

Not at the same time.

11/22/2005 2:39 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

No WAY!! I love both those guys! But not fair, because Benicio was hot in Traffic (if not so much in The Pledge) and Jeffy has the tall dark thing goin on (if not so much in The Fly).
Come on... you can do grosser!

11/22/2005 2:53 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

I have a mad crush on Ben Kingsley. I think it's the voice and the nose. Is that gross?

11/22/2005 6:27 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Ben's not very gross. Maybe a little kinky instead? With the shortness and the old-guy-baldness and such?

11/23/2005 7:49 AM  
Blogger Montana1 said...

So there's hope for me?

11/23/2005 8:19 AM  
Blogger Arabella said...

I agree, none of these men are gross, just not conventionally hot.

I really can't think of anyone gross. How boring I am!

11/23/2005 10:42 AM  
Blogger DoctorMama said...

I think Jeffrey Rush does count as gross.
Benicio? NO WAY. He is beautiful.
I don't think John Goodman counts because his only real issue is being fat, and that's not fair.
PSH, yeah, maybe.
Ugly does not equal gross, in my opinion.
I'd add Alan Rickman, on account of the teeth.

11/24/2005 6:45 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Yes - Alan Rickman... but then again with the voice! And he was cute and sexy (and dead) in Truly Madly Deeply.
And Lyle Lovett is cheating because of the whole rock star thing again. I think. Can you cheat at The Grossest Person You Think Is Hot Game?

11/25/2005 1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a little late to the game on this one, but Steve Buscemi is my gross crush.

He seems like such an awesome guy and I think it makes him even cooler that he doesn't seem to care about his looks. Like maybe he knows it's hopeless so instead he's just going for as quirky a look as possible and winning on personality. I bet he gets laid a lot.

11/27/2005 1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gross crush? Neil Diamond. It's the voice, and he's sooo hot in "The Jazz Singer". (sigh)

12/01/2005 2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home