Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Change Is for Parking Meters

So I'm thinking it's time to change the header on this old rag (meaning, my blog). I came up with the name in a fit of exasperation after some particularly ugly sentiments expressed in our local newspaper, but after writing 40+ posts I've found that "opening your mind" is a feat only accomplished in a truly literal sense. That is to say, I can only open Ann Coulter's mind by beating her over the head with a sharp, pokey object. And I'm not specifically advocating this. Plus, it's more than a tad condescending to suggest that my sentiments, me, Mignon, sitting at home in Missoula in my bathrobe, are critical and thoughtful enough to make readers really think about things (said with fake earnestness and furrowed brow). Aw hell. All we want to do is just laugh and make people like us. Me, I mean. That's what I want to do.
I thought about listing all the new names I was coming up with, but that would be like calling someone and hearing the 8 different answering machine messages they recorded before coming up with a decent one. So without warning I will change it. One of these days.

Brrrrr!
(Did you know in Italy when they say Brrr! they roll the 'r'? They even shiver with flair.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Arabella said...

Shaking things up a little will be good for your readers. You'll keep us on our toes.

11/22/2005 10:39 AM  
Blogger Montana1 said...

Nice Photo of the Missoula frost experience. The trees look superb when the sun finally peaks out. I've tried other years to snap a photo during a frost event, but have been unable to time it right. The frost goes quickly from the trees when the sun finally returns.

Anyway, good luck with the new blog title. I'll be checking in.

11/22/2005 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home