Monday, November 21, 2005

December 1st, Blog Against Racism


For those of us addicted to blog, let's get off our figurative butts and collectively speak out against something on which we can all agree. Orange Tangerine linked to this, to coincide with the 50th anniversary of Rosa Park's monumentally important act of civil disobedience. I'll save whatever thoughts I have for that day, and if you're reading this and don't have a blog, at least be mindful on December 1st of what transpired 50 years ago. Can you imagine what it meant to people in that time, the enormous risk Rosa Park took, to take a stand? Are you doing what you can to make things right?

2 Comments:

Blogger Orange said...

Did you know somebody in Thailand is reading your blog? Yep. They clicked your Orange Tangerine link and visited my site. I always get a kick out of visitors from non-Anglophone countries...

11/27/2005 7:53 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

It's actually my globe-trotting mom. That's why I keep putting up the gratuitous cute kid picture because I'm not sure her e-mail account can handle them. She told me a couple weeks ago my blog was censored in China, which means over a billion people will never know how I feel about [insert meaningless topic here].

11/27/2005 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home