Friday, October 26, 2007

October Twenty-Six, A Day in the Life

Sounds around Missoula...

At the outdoor store, buying Jim his bithday present:

Late 20-something cute outdoor store, wishing he was telemarking with a hot chick with dreadlocks instead of selling me a over-priced fleece something-or-other, guy: Can I see your ID?

Me: Sure.

Guy: Oh! That's my mom's name.

Me: You mean Mignon? Wow, that's the closest I've ever come to a Mignon - this is, what, 2 degrees of separation?

Guy: Uh...

Me: Did she go by Mignon?

Guy: No, we call her Na-Ni.

Me: Oh. Wait - you call your mom Na-Ni?

Guy: No, no. I had a cousin by the same name, so the family calls my mom Na-Ni. You know, it can be confusing.

Me: Na-Ni. Huh - I guess that's kinda like Mignon.

Guy: Yeah, but, you know, I call her Mommy.

Me (and the other cute worker guy behind the counter): *blink*

Me: You, uh, well. Thank you very much.

---Later, Jim and I come home from some beers and dinner.

Quinn (as we walk in the door, running toward us sideways, butt out): Look at me! I'm Super Bum!

---Later, Jim, Babysitter/Nice Friend Girl, and I sharing a beer

Babysitter (as Jim hurriedly poors my beer into a glass): Ah man. Now she's gotta suck the head off.

8 Comments:

Blogger meno said...

*smiling*

10/27/2007 2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just another normal day in the life of Mignon. I could use a beer right now.

10/28/2007 1:19 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

That's the hottest thing I've heard all week.

That's sad, really.

10/30/2007 1:43 PM  
Blogger Candygirlflies said...

Oh, I laaaaughed, and laaaaaaaughed!

Super Bum... AND THEN the BEER.

Oh, my... (**wipes tears**)

Thanks for the giggle.

CGF

10/30/2007 7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw Mignon (or should I call you Na-Ni?) I wish we lived closer. I'd suck the head off (of a beer) with you antyime.

10/31/2007 9:23 AM  
Blogger Arabella said...

Perhaps Babysitter was influenced by your sexy new profile pic! Nice!

10/31/2007 12:29 PM  
Blogger Di Mackey said...

Lordy ... I'm lost for words.

(and, zxsrwnxm was what i had to type to even be allowed to comment!)

12/06/2007 4:10 PM  
Anonymous Huntington Beach Waterproofing said...

Great post thanks for sharing it.

10/12/2022 11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home