Monday, June 05, 2006

Love, American Blogger Style



A weekend in Savannah just isn't complete without Cockroach, Lizard, Sphinctree and Angry Fowl. No, those aren't nicknames. They're just a sampling of the local flora and fauna. Our first annual B-List Blogfest has come and past, and I sit here in my quiet dirty dining room, reflecting on a weekend hard to characterize by my tired mind. Meeting Wordgirl, Arabella, Mrs. Harridan and Teebs was an event I'll never forget. I remember thinking (and probably saying too many times as a result of my nervous, excited chatter), that it was like being on a first date that was going really well. I just knew I was gonna get lucky at the end of the night. Well, maybe I shouldn't take that analogy too far, considering I was sharing a bed with Teebs. She keeps insisting she's shy, but that girl has no problems hugging, entertaining, or otherwise ingratiating herself to people she's only known in the flesh for less than an hour. Why do these weird innuendos keep coming up. Ack! Coming up! Make it stop. We just slept!


I'd like to do a blow-by-blow (I just can't quit with these, just pretend you don't notice, please) of the weekend so that you can understand how fulfilling it was for me to meet these women that I've admired from afar for the last year, but I think it'd be like dissecting a joke. It just wouldn't do it justice. So let me give you some tactile impressions: Mrs. H has gorgeous thick hair that I wanted to stick stuff in and see if she would notice; TB's skin is incredible - Buffalo Bill would have killed and skinned her first and foremost in Silence of the Lambs; Arabella smells delicious and I wanted to cup her in my hands and whisper secrets into her perfect little head; Wordgirl's striking beauty left me speechless and Teebs and I giggled about it behind her back because she made us feel like pre-pubescent 7th graders who hadn't got their boobies yet. Now do you see? No? Okay, here are some pics...

Reservoir Dogs? America's Next Top Model? You decide.

Get your hot fresh dead hee-yer!

Look, kids! A tree gnome!

Can someone get this girl a goddam pedicure?

I'd like to thank the four of them (you, if you're one of them), for making this trip everything I could have hoped for. As I told T before I left, I didn't want to have any expectations, lest they be not met, but if I had any they would have been met/surpassed/put to shame. Thank you all - can't wait to do it again next week! Or next year, really, but I think I'm ready for another vacation already...

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your photo captions are killing me. Sphinctree! I love it.

Are you SURE nothing happened? Because I found a check from you in my purse today.

Once again, it was so great to hang with you. (all y'all)

Thanks again for recommending Savannah, Mignon. It was gorgeous. See you next year in the desert.

6/05/2006 12:21 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

So jealous. ;)

6/05/2006 12:53 PM  
Blogger Arabella said...

I laughed so hard at your description of my head (hehe....HEAD) that ice water came out of my nose. Thank you! And I'm so relieved that I didn't smell like sphinctree!

My only regret about the trip was that it wasn't longer. I miss you already.

P.S. The last three letters of my word verification are "jiz."

6/05/2006 3:20 PM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Okay, you said that to me too the whole "first date going really well" and I WASN'T EVEN THERE!! Enough!!

I'm jealous. You are in love with Teebs and it should be me.

Nuff said.

6/05/2006 4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Debbie, we are in love with you too. You should've heard what we said about you behind your back.

Arabella, you smelled like flowers and princesses and fairies and stuff.

6/05/2006 4:40 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

"Buffalo Bill would have killed and skinned her first and foremost in Silence of the Lambs" LMFAO. You are a trip.

I can't wait to meet you all at the next fest!

6/06/2006 8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ewww but i don't LIKE cockroaches even though they have the word cock in them. it's just not enough to make me like cockroaches. no more talk of cockroaches. i am covering my eyes....

6/06/2006 9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like you guys had a really great visit!!

6/06/2006 9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started hearing the Madonna song "Holiday" while reading your description.

but that could just be some gay male reflex action...

I am envious of your getaway!!

6/07/2006 2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats for making the confab happen. I think it's so cool that you guys did this. Where is the flickr group? More pics!

6/07/2006 10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, so jealous. Hopefully next year!

6/09/2006 8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was wonderful. I can't wait to meet up with some bloggers in real life myself!

6/11/2006 6:15 AM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

Hooray for a great time...again...feeling the happy/jelaous thing all at once. Thank you for sending the swag bags...I love the Mik Wright cards!!! I have a couple hanging in my cube and I am proud to add to my collection.

6/19/2006 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home