Friday, February 10, 2006

Friday Concoction

This Friday thing rocks. I'm not feeling quite as lazy, but it's nice having a template with which to fill in the requisite info. Like Madlibs. Remember Madlibs? I gave some to my 10-year-old nephew for Christmas and he did the "eh" and threw them in what was obviously the reject pile. So "eh" right back at you boy! Madlibs used to make me pee my pants, and that was before a couple bowling balls had stretched out my 'gina.

Here's the health report: Quinn has RSV and an ear infection. His phlegmy cough wakes him up every 15 minutes, and he has to be elevated to sleep at night. Lots of sweaty cuddling going on, and not the kind that makes the bed squeak. Remember my weird thing about not being able to burp? Well that, compounded with the fact that I black out when I'm nauseous has caused my new doctor to get all excited about the condition of my esophagus. I only went in to see if he could prescribe some anti-nausea stuff in order to prevent future blacking out, but damn him! He wants to actually figure out what's going on. What's with these responsible, conscientious members of the medical community?? Just give me my suppositories!

So back to the Friday Concoction...

Links and Other Useful Info

  • Body Movie - this thing should be gross, but mostly it's just cool
  • Have you heard about this giant jellyfish? I don't think Nemo's dad would've swam out of this one.
  • Good cheese needs to breathe and should be stored in paper or cloth instead of plastic.
  • John Sayles is my favorite director/producer of all time... looking for a good movie tonight. I love every single movie this man has ever made... Passion Fish (or was it Brother from Another Planet?) was the first I saw, and made me fall in love with David Straithairn, and the most recent was Silver City. Darryl Hannah makes a comeback and Kris Kristofferson makes me shiver.
  • Do you looooove Jon Stewart like I do? Yes? Then here... get your rocks off. ("How old are you?" "Thirty-five" "And you wear a bow tie.") Stewart makes Crossfire die a nice, old-fashioned, painful, public death.


And back by popular demand (at least popular with me and someone else that commented - who was that? Thanks by the way!)...

Then and Now Section

Then - Damon is Rockin the sweater vest. (click to enlarge, if you're trying to see my mom's underthings)


Now

17 Comments:

Blogger mamatulip said...

1. So sorry to hear about Quinn...hope he's feeling better soon. :(

2. Keep us posted on your esophagus.

3. That jellyfish is enormous.

4. Last Friday I said that Friday's should be Then and Now days. I love them. I love both of these pictures...how in the "then" pic the grass almost looks like a sea of mustard and in the "now" pic you guys are sharing a blanket (right?). Where was the "now" pic taken?

2/10/2006 10:49 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

The Now pic was at the top of Slate's Peak in the North Cascades of Washington. The site of my brother's wedding. The wedding time was put off by an hour so the snow plow could get through. In July.
And thanks for #1.

2/10/2006 10:51 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

MadLibs can still be done to Hi-Larious results. However, now we can drink Margarita's and do Mad Libs...

This was a fav past time of my gradute co-hort last year. Drunken Mad Libbing.

We are the party that rocks the Party.

RSV. Ouch. Blech....

2/10/2006 11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you and Quinn are feeling better soon. RSV = no picnic. Nausea causing blackouts = definitely not fun.

As a sweater vest connossieur, I have to applaud Damon's vest. It is simply beautiful.

2/10/2006 11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

really? about the cheese? i did not know that.

sorry about the rsv. that's hard. hope it's gone very soon.

2/10/2006 12:27 PM  
Blogger DoctorMama said...

I KNOW that about the cheese (one of my former boyfriends was, I kid you not, one of the biggest cheese experts in the country), but I can't eat it that fast, and it gets hard as a ROCK in the friggin' paper.

Lone Star!!

Sorry about the no ass medicine.

2/10/2006 5:28 PM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

You found a real doctor? Well, my goodness, keep him, most of the rest of them don't even want you to come into the office. I hope it all turns out well.

I am so sorry about the RSV, 2 of my 3 (knock on wood) have had it and I cried and cried with them. I slept with them to make sure they were breathing, I hope he gets well soon.

2/10/2006 9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gute Besserung - get well soon! For both you and Quinn. Do find out what is causing your discomfort. Ignorance is only sometimes bliss - and probably not this time!

I love Jon Stewart's vivesection of pompous pundits. The fact that a comedian makes more sense out of today's news is a bit telling of how poor US journalism has become. Over here we have much better journalism, but have to make do with the Jon Stewart supplied by the half-hour weekly compilation on CNN International.

Thanks Mignon for dropping by our Fotki blog kickoff! I have added a second post about the Sandman show to our blog now.

2/11/2006 4:48 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Re: the Mad Libs.

My Brit hubby had no idea what Phoebe was talking about when we were watching Friends and she brought them up.

I told him his childhood was sorely lacking.

2/11/2006 1:26 PM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Luv Mad Libs.

Get better soon - all of you!

Frame the sweater vest if you still have it. Priceless!

2/11/2006 3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the boy is feeling better.

And good god, you look like your mom. I know you miss her a lot, but it must be a comfort to sometimes look in the mirror and see part of her staring back at you.

PS - Whoever knitted that vest kicks the most ass of all time, even more than Jon Stewart.

2/11/2006 8:54 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

So now Quinn is already on the mend, meaning sleeping more than moments at a time, however I have the ick. I pounded a bunch of Airborn... we'll see.

Thanks Melans! I think I'll do it tomorrow.

2/11/2006 9:02 PM  
Blogger Orange said...

Do I love Jon Stewart? I do indeed. And we're in the same documentary. Maybe he will fantasize about me! (What? It could happen. Anyone know if he's a boob man?)

2/11/2006 9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel better soon!

2/11/2006 9:45 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Thanks teebs (how'd you sneak that in there?). My grandma knitted that, along with a couple hats with beer can sides - has anyone seen this before? My brothers used to wear these all the time. They were like Oly-Rainier crowns.

Orange, Jon Stewart looks like a boob man, doesn't he? I saw him speak at my little brother's college graduation a couple years ago, so we're pretty tight. I'll put in a good word for you. Haha, just kidding. He's all mine.

2/12/2006 7:50 AM  
Blogger Imez said...

You are so damn popular. There is hardly a point to me saying that Rock and I are going to use

"Just give me my suppositories!" in our private roll playing from now on.

I'm really gonna make him beg for them.

2/12/2006 10:31 PM  
Blogger Arabella said...

That's it.....we're doing Mad Libs at B-List Blog Chicks '06! Alcohol optional.

So sorry about the RSV, and about your esophagus. Calmol 4 suppositories are good, and available OTC.....please don't ask me how I know this. It's been a helluva year, medically speaking.

What a little cutie you were! What a grownup cutie you are now!

2/13/2006 6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home