Monday, February 06, 2006

Good Morning

Excuse me while I muddle through my Super Bowl hangover this morning. I had two Moose Drools, lots of handfuls of fake cheese crunchy things, one pork rib, some shrimp and a double extra helping of testosterone over the course of 4 hours. I think it's the residual testosterone that's kicking my ass this morning. (And Baby Quinn was snotty and hot and clingy all night. That's not restful.)

Here's a weekend wrap-up:

Saturday was a combination of trips to Target, Krispy Kreme, ice skating, and a birthday party. Yes, Madeleine is going the wrong way.


Sunday's chronology:
2:30 am to 3:30 am - fend of baby's advances (seriously, is this how grown men learn their moves?... what's with the pawing of the boobs and the slobber in the middle of the night)
5:30 am to 6:30 am - entertain baby by letting him slobber on the alarm clock and play with the clickie while I cover my head and try to get back into that dream with Burt Reynolds (who is surprisingly handsome and not at all creepy in real-dream-life)
6:45 am to 8:15 am - sleep, uninterrupted while Jim feeds the baby an entire box of saltines

8:15 am to 11:30 am - family stuff... boring part... have no idea what happened during this time

11:30 am to 1:00 - go for winter-y walk down by the creek, up the hill, back down the hill by a dead fox (30 minutes used up here while Jim and Madeleine examine the chewed up corpse. The dog stood 20 feet away barking maniacally.) Madeleine and her fake binoculars and harmonica and I played detectives on the Case of the Missing Dog Poopoo and the Case of the Missing Creek. Both cases were solved by stepping into said missing item.

1:00 to 3:00 - again, I have no idea what happened during this time - Jim had taken Madeleine up to his brother's place for some pre-Super Bowl shenanigans and apparently Quinn and I fell off of the face of the earth

3:00 to 4:00 - went to Ross and TJ Maxx. I love these places in a way that shouldn't be legal. If I were Jerry Lee Lewis, they would be my 15-year-old cousin. I bought Jim an ugly tie and two dress shirts (Perry Ellis plus Calvin Klein equals 8 dollars!), a workout video, some hoop earrings that are way too big for my tiny head and a grungy t-shirt that I'm wearing right now. I think it's cutting off the circulation in my arms.

4:00 until now - Super Bowl hysteria, feeding frenzy, and somehow a pack of assholes broke into our house, soiled all our dishes and clothes and peed in both toilets without flushing.

How was your weekend? Highlites?

13 Comments:

Blogger mamatulip said...

Burt Reynolds? Really??

This weekend I did all of the little idiot things around here that I've been meaning to do but kept putting off, like ironing, re-organizing the medicine cabinet, boxing up baby clothes that no longer fit baby and calling an elderly neighbour to chat.

2/06/2006 10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a great weekend. I will post the recap of Big-A's birthday party sometime this week. It was an amazing princess ballerina extravaganza.

Love the picture of Madeleine going the wrong way. :-)

p.s. -- what's a Moose Drool?

2/06/2006 10:38 AM  
Blogger Jaye Wells said...

Did lots of work that amounted to almost nothing on the bathroom redo. What is it about these projects? Every time we do something about five more things pop up to do. Saturday, after sanding the drywall, I thought I inhaled too much dust because my lungs hurt, but luckily it turned out to be the flu. So since about 3pm yesterday I have been in the full flu funk.

2/06/2006 11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cleaned house, watched an awesome Battlestar Gallactica episode, cleared out two bags of clothes that no longer fit me because I have gained weight thinking I'm pregnant. Resolved to start a diet then had pizza for dinner, met with realtors, showed house. Got period drank much wine and drunk blogged about the Superbowl.
Not nearly as fun as your weekend with all the napping and the dead animals and the poop and the Maxx.

2/06/2006 12:01 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

"Madeleine and her fake binoculars and harmonica and I played detectives on the Case of the Missing Dog Poopoo and the Case of the Missing Creek. Both cases were solved by stepping into said missing item."

Did you call out "Case solved!" or simply strings of profanity? You should solve the case of the poo-landmines in my yard. I'm looking for a spot there ISNT one.

2/06/2006 1:28 PM  
Blogger The Queen Mama said...

On Saturday I took the older two boys to a birthday party. The little girl was turning 4, and her mom and I meet as often as we can for playdates. Fabulous lady, wonderful kids.

While there, met some of her other friends, one of whom was glowingly announcing her fourth (!!!) pregnancy. I subconsciously moved away from her just a little...in case it was catching. I ate cake and took the boys home to run off their sugar buzz in the backyard.

Sunday night Hubby and I took all three boys to a cat show. Even with the younger two in a double stroller, this turned out to be a bad idea for all involved. The boys wanted to touch all the kitties, much to their owners' chagrin. And I wanted to take home one of the shelter kitties...but wisely realized that one more thing for me to care for in this house might cause my head to pop like a ripe zit. So we came home kittyless. And with me a little blue.

Completely ignored the Superbowl, but did watch the Grey's Anatomy afterward. Damn assholes and their clever little cliffhangers...

2/06/2006 2:57 PM  
Blogger Arabella said...

Mignon, you are too funny.

I had a good weekend. On Saturday I saw Mrs. Harridan, and had tea with her and went to visit a Chinese herbalist for fertility tea, and had dim sum in Chinatown. On Sunday Ty and I had mussels for dinner with my parents, then came home and got groceries. A five-star weekend, in my book.

2/06/2006 3:21 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Please, someone help me get "cause my head to pop like a ripe zit" out of my brain!!! Queen Mama, I'm warning you, I will probably plagiarize that in the near future!

Moose Drool is a nice smooth brown ale from Big Sky Brewery. If you ever see it, have a taste, if you like beer a little on the darker side. Actually, my favorite beer at the moment is Bridgeport IPA, but so hard to get outside of Portland... :(

Arabella, I'm reading your comment, but all I'm seeing is mwah-mwah-mwah dim sum mwah-mwah-mwah mussels mwah-mwah-mwah book ... ;)

wrdgrl: your life makes me tired (and angry at adolescent girls!)
jaye: get better! I miss your posts!

2/06/2006 4:31 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

My weekend was spent sleeping. And I've never been so happy. (Love the pic of skating the wrong way...hehe!)

2/06/2006 5:54 PM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

My toddler has decided waking up at 5 am all the time is a great goddammed idea. Tried to sleep while critters from the black lagoon, jumped and crawled and howled on and next to me.

Swam outdoors in our apartment complex pool in the 80 degree weather.

2/06/2006 8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Late, late, late response… I blame the time zones. They are in league with the Fates.

Saturday: Drive to one of the "Plattenbauland" areas of Dresden where our "English" speaking (sorta) driving school is located. This term translates as plate-built: a descriptor of the quaint apartment buildings of the former Eastern Bloc assembled from large pre-cast concrete plates. Take practice German driving test. Fail test by 1 point. Decide to study longer before the real thing at the government office. (hint: this ain't no 'merikan driving test… very tough).

Late afternoon wine tasting with freinds at our favorite local wine shop - BelVini. Ceriwen helps the proprietor, Rüdiger, fill empty bottles with corks for decoration using an ancient and sticky Italian hand corker. Have delicious Raclette dinner at friends, but burn mouth on searingly hot pineapple. Daughter Ceri is happy because so much cheese is involved. Ray is happy because so much ham is involved.

Sunday: Up at 5:15 due to congested 2.5 year old. Aspirate green mucous all day while providing nose drops in-between. At least there's no fever.

We carefully disjoint two, ~80 year old hardwood chairs (4 chairs, only € 10.50 on e-Bay). The old glue is sanded off the joints and sockets, new glue is applied and they are clamped for curing. Only two more to go, and then we will be reasonably certain that no other dinner guests fall through the chairs when trying to push away from the table.

For Ceriwen the clamp becomes a duck, and she helps to squeeze the duck's beak in order to clamp the chairs together. We make quacking sounds and the snotty, red nostrils are temporarily forgotten.

Superbowl? … what Superbowl??

2/06/2006 11:23 PM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Saturday morning, hubs and I snuck out for breakfast at a french bistro. Then came home and met a friend for a power walk to try and do damage control from said breakfast!

Dinner party at my house that night for 10. Lasagna, salad, bread then poached pears with sorbet. Very fun.

Sunday - church, run away with friend from church for coffee, wash and vacuum cars, go to Super Bowl party. Too much food all weekend!! I guess it was a good weekend though all in all.

2/07/2006 5:39 AM  
Blogger Rock said...

Pretty much crack all day long...what Super bowl?

2/14/2006 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home