Monday, February 13, 2006

Come on baby, light a fire.

I was tagged by Melanhead for a Me!Me!, which I will go on record as saying right now, that if you tag me, I will do it. I consider it a challenge, or Call to Arms, or some other kind of noble pursuit. And also, I'm drunk. No, not really, but you know Jack Handy? One of his deep thoughts ends in, "and also, you're drunk," and that always pops to mind when I'm saying stupid stuff. So, here 'tis:

Eight Things About My Perfect Partner

  • Stronger than me. And I mean physically, because I have big muscles and I always feel slightly superior to skinny guys.
  • More generous than me. I always order the cheap or lowfat thing on the menu (I know - and I try to pass myself off as not that kind of girl, too!), and my Partner better share his meaty goodness. His dinner, I mean!!
  • Handy with a drill. If a man wears a toolbelt with authority, I am reduced to trembling and drooling.
  • Firestarter. I love camping and wilderness and sleeping bags, but I am forever cold while camping in the wilderness in sleeping bags. Fires are fun, but I'd rather set up the tent.
  • Must like movies. All movies. Jim once sat through Chuck and Buck with me, which makes Brokeback Mountain look like an episode of Bert and Ernie.
  • Smart. But in ways that I am not smart. Jim almost aced his GRE's to get into his biology PhD program. I am beyond proud.
  • Funny. This goes without saying, right? I don't associate with people that don't laugh at themselves (and at the expense of others, on occasion).
  • Enjoys women. This is a characteristic my mom and I started to notice about some men a while back. There's a certain type of guy that truly enjoys the company of women and can converse and laugh with us on a non-flirting level. These types of men are rare, and I have one.

And here's the weekend update: Quinn is still getting over his sickie. I now have the sickie. We went for a walk, went to a movie, ate often, went to another birthday party.

10 Comments:

Blogger DoctorMama said...

Man, even I couldn't make it through Chuck & Buck. He's something else, that guy of yours.

2/13/2006 10:20 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Chuck & Buck? Never heard of it.

I really love the shadows picture.

2/13/2006 10:22 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

The shadows picture is awesome. I'm with Mama T, I've never heard of "Chuck and Buck." But if it's worse than Brokeback Mountain I highly doubt Hoop will go for it. He says he doesn't like anything chick-flickish or melodramatic. Yet he avidly watches Grey's Anatomy with me. Go figure.

2/13/2006 10:29 AM  
Blogger Arabella said...

Gorgeous shot. I hope you feel better soon!

2/13/2006 10:31 AM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

I love those Deep Thoughts postcards!

2/13/2006 10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel better soon!

I love that shadow picture, but I can't see who took it. Must have been Madeleine?

2/13/2006 11:14 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

I took the picture this time (see the square-ish thing sticking out of my head?).

Thanks about the picture, you all.

I forgot I was supposed to tag some people after I did this, but that's the scary part. I'd hate to tag someone and have them not do it. It's like waving when you think someone's looking at you and it turns out they're not and then you pretend you were just fiddling with your hair...

2/13/2006 12:23 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

I remember renting Chuck & Buck with my then-boyfriend, after seeing it on a couple of top ten lists. Oh my freaking god, was that movie painful. And nasty.

And the boyfriend brought that movie up in more arguments than I care to remember.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

2/13/2006 3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that "handy with a drill" item on the level or a thinly veiled sexual reference? ;-)

hope you are feeling better soon.

2/13/2006 3:49 PM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

Must like women....yes, that is important.

2/13/2006 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home