Sunday, October 02, 2005

Wisdom

I just wrote a long post of vignettes and important thoughts and then closed my browser. The End. Here's what I can recover from my limited short term memory:

Why do we say we have 5 senses when really taste is just a glorified version of smell? Does this distinguish of from the animal world and make us more worthy? Was that too cynical? Yes. Great now I'm annoying myself.

"The ground caused the fumble" is lame. If you can't hold on to the ball when you fall on the ground underneath a 350 lb man you've obviously done too few steroids and have no place in professional sports. And don't get me started on the "you get a safety if you fumble the ball forward out of the endzone" rule.

I'm thinking about 90% of our population must not have full length mirrors, because why else would a reasonably-minded, average-sized woman go out in public in low rise jeans, thus appearing to be a cross between a hippo and a prostitute? I blame the patriarchy.

Is there anything better than waking up in the middle of the night with a slaking thirst than quenching it with a cool drink from the toilet? That's what the 2 week old glass of water on my nightstand tasted like last night. And I think there was a fly in it.

Why is it funny to watch a guy get hit in the nuts over and over and over again? Is the creator of America's Funniest Home Videos the smartest person ever?

How do you spell crooked? D-E-L-A-Y. As the bumper sticker says, if you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In state races, it's the year of the blog
In the blog world, polls aren't just polls. They're "stale, left-leaning media polls!" - at least according to Rob Stutzman, Gov.
Fresh, interesting, current, down to earth. That's what I like reading.
Keep up the good work. I'll be back.

I have a online master's degrees site/blog. It pretty much covers
online master's degrees related stuff.

Come on by when you can :-)

10/02/2005 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home