Sunday, October 16, 2005

Saving Blind Animals, Next on Hardcopy

Is it okay as a hard-core lefty that I really don't care whether or not Bush's teleconference with Iraq troops was staged or not? Does anyone really believe these things are totally impromptu anyway? Would a group of people, or just one guy named Rove allow a less-than-intelligent, store-bought president to be peppered with questions about body armour and foreign constitutions when the guy obviously has more important things like brush-clearing and mountain-bike-wrecking on his "mind"? Sure I detest Bush and everything he represents, but I don't see a story in this. Maybe the problem is my current sources of news. CNN and MSNBC? What else are they going to talk about in 24 straight hours - I mean there are only so many high-profile murders to cover and the 40,000 dead people in Asia just don't make good copy.
Blech. I'm a little sick of myself today and cynicism is just not drawing me out of it. Okay, so I'll try to name 5 positive things to close this post (note: I just googled "positive news" and came up with all kinds of uplifting stories about blind animals being saved by not-blind humans. Anecdotal evidence that there is good in this world is not news to me, especially if it involves a normal healthy privileged person saving a blind owl. How about 100,000 healthy privileged people saving a decimated Asian village. Okay, rant finished.)
1. There's a full tub of peanut butter in the cupboard, and, coincidentally, I love peanut butter.
2. The vet told me that our dog is perfect.
3. My husband just brought me perfectly-sized juice glass of Clos Du Bois and encouraged me to drink it despite my feeble protests.
4. I not only love, but really like my family (awww - the wine made me do it).
5. I finally figured out when Grey's Anatomy and America's Next Top Model are on and won't miss them this time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So have you googled "failure" and hit "I'm feeling lucky?"

Give it a try.

10/17/2005 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home