Friday, January 20, 2006

We're talkin' 'bout food in here!

I'm feeling a little lazy this morning, so my first thought when I sat down here was "ME-ME"! What better way to kick start your day, aside from a snort of coke? But I keep seeing the same kind of Me!Me! floating around, so after a quick trip to the pantry for some peanuts for inspiration, I made up my own. And it has to do with food, which many people have said they like. Mmm-hmm, food seems to be popular these days.

So here it is...

3 Foods I Hated As a Kid and Love Now
1) Cream cheese
2) Artichokes dipped in stuff
3) Stuffing

3 Foods I Loved As a Kid and Hate Now
1) Mayonnaise (is that even a food?)
2) Balogna (again, is it a food?)
3) Eggs over easy (raw egg yolk can not be good for you...)

3 Foods I Loved as a Kid and Still Love
1) Cheap hot dogs
2) Those pink and white frosted animal cookies with sprinkles that leave an unpleasant film on your tongue
3) Nutter Butters (heaven!)

3 of the Worst Things I Ever Had to Eat
1) A mayonnaise, cream cheese, tomato sandwich (I took a couple bites, then stuffed it down the seat belt compartment of my aunt's Gremlin when we stopped for gas in Astoria)
2) Warm rice pudding with raisins (the raisins popped in my mouth like sweet little blood blisters)
3) Something like yam Jello at a tea ceremony in Japan (they kind of frown on spitting stuff out on their tatami mats)

3 of the Best Things I Ever Ate
1) A seafood meal in which all of the contents were boiled together and dumped onto our table on the Pier in Seattle
2) My grandmother's angel-food cake with whipped cream and strawberries slathered all over it
3) Two giant cheeseburgers, after the birth of my two babies

Okay, now your turn. I tag all y'all!

14 Comments:

Blogger Arabella said...

Oh my goodness, that mayonnaise, cream cheese, and tomato sandwich....that is the 9th Circle of Hell.

That angel food cake sounds delicious, though!

1/20/2006 9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god. I just got back from Chipoltle, which I normally hate and I finished a loaded burrito. Totally can't think about food, but I want to do this one because I love your me-mes Mignon.
And that blood blisters bit just about threw me over the edge from uncomfortably full to technicolor yawn.

1/20/2006 10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll do this meme later today on my site. It's always good to think about food on a Friday. :-)

1/20/2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

I just want it noted that it's a miracle I can get out the door of my house. THIS is one of my favorite snacks (brought on by your mention of cream cheese and strawberries):

1 small jar marshmallow cream
1 regular package cream cheese
Whip and serve over strawberries.

LOADED with yummy fatty goodness!

1/20/2006 11:42 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Thanks Tink - like I needed to go up yet another size in jeans! ;)

1/20/2006 1:14 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Is it ok if I feel a little sick right now? I'm laughing, but I'm nauseous.

1/20/2006 4:07 PM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

I love raisins, but now, I will have the blood blister comment in my head everytime I eat one.

1/20/2006 9:03 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Two giant cheeseburgers, after the birth of my two babies

YES. Fast food never tasted so good...

1/21/2006 8:01 AM  
Blogger Arabella said...

Wordgirl, I'm not into raisins or tomatoes either, but OH HOW I LOVE STINKY CHEESE! You just have to ignore the smell and savor the flavor. Mmmmm.

1/21/2006 2:59 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

I'm with you there, Arabella. The other day Madeleine puked in the car, and I shit you not, my first thought was Hm! Parmesan! Let's have Italian tonight!

1/21/2006 6:00 PM  
Blogger Arabella said...

Mignon, TOO, TOO funny!

1/22/2006 8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Worst food
1. Beef stew after swimming practice (as a kid) the most disappointing meal ever.
2. Beets second most disappointing food that forever impacted my view of vegetables. Thank God, I've finally started to grow up.

Best food
1. Shrimp and crab leg "stations" at a wedding while I was five months pregnant.
2. chocolate chocolate dark chocolate, too chocolate for anyone who doesn't flirt with eating disorders chocolate.
3. turkey, and stuffing...

I just realized, I the idea of the tag thing might not be to do it here...sorry...will do this at my place...Great idea Mignon.

1/22/2006 9:11 AM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

Am I weird if I like raisins out of the box, but not after they've been baked? Yeah, I thought so.

1/22/2006 8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 Foods I Hated As a Kid and Love Now
1) Olives
2) Mustard
3) Pickles

3 Foods I Loved As a Kid and Hate Now
1) Sugar-sweetened breakfast cereals
2) "Beef Stroganov" (the canned mushroom, ground-beef variety)
3) Cheetos

3 Foods I Loved as a Kid and Still Love
1) Butter Mints
2) Chili (although I like it spicier now)
3) Baked beans

3 of the Worst Things I Ever Had to Eat
1) This strange casserole my husband made when we had just started dating
2) Mom's "radioactive" pickles (she spilled the green food coloring in the batch).
3) Strange, hard gelatine-like blocks in a Japanese Octopus dish

3 of the Best Things I Ever Ate
1) Pan-Seared Foie-Gras on salad with Gewürztraminer to drink - in Burgundy, France
2) Crispy, Five-Spice Duck at the Dahlia Restaurant, Seattle
3) Any Cajun food my Cajun friend (and one-time neighbor) Paul Tullier has ever cooked for us!

1/24/2006 3:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home