Monday, February 21, 2005

Back from VayCay

We spent 4 days on a mountain with some college friends. They skiied, I pretended to do enrichening things with my daughter. She watched a total of 18 hours of television and I read Us, Vogue, People, Jane and all of the pamphlets describing wonderful activities available to us while visiting Big Mountain. Apparently I could have actually left our rental and had rewarding experiences while excercising. I'll have to remember that next time I go on a ski trip pregnant with a 3-year-old (no, duh, not pregnant carrying a 3-year-old). Where was the pamphlet that showed me where to drop off my daughter in a loving and eductational environment while I shopped and got a 2 hour foot massage? Does that nirvana exist? The two things I mentally store away for future daydreams: cable tv - specifically the Cartoon Network - and the ability to watch Law and Order at any time of day, and a bathtub big enough to fit me and my gi-normous belly.
I've also developed a healthy scorn for people who flaunt their physical fitness while on vacation. Hmmm, eat another brownie while watching reruns of everything (see daydream about cable tv above), or run 8 miles and eat whatever it is those people refuel with. No, I don't want to go for a walk in the refreshing night air! That would disturb the constellation of snacks I've comfortable arranged on my belly, plus this is the part where they bust the kid for taking nude pictures of the teen TV star...

1 Comments:

Blogger Montana1 said...

Nice blog. I'm happy to see that I don't have the only kids in Amerika that watch endless hours of Nick, Cartoon Network, etc. At least they occasionally surf Discovery Kids!

What scares me is, on the occasion that I wrestle the remote from the kids, I stop on Nick automatically. After a few secs, I realize that I'm watching Spongebob or Fairly Odd Parents. Yow, better seek help!

3/03/2005 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home